27. The loyal dog

*****

*****

Loud music, stench of alcohol, wolf whistles and disgusting profanities was all the place as such had to offer. Surrounded four sides by muddy walls, with a stage in between and supposed bidders spread across the halls and on tables reserved for themselves, Marwan knew instantly the place was something that could be synonymous to haram.

"Can I have a veil too?"

He whispered next to Aliya's ears. The smell of alcohol had never done any good to him. In fact, it made him want to throw up everything he had consumed. Glancing at Aliya's face, he couldn't help but envy the veil that she had on. One whose material was thick enough to act as a simple mask.

He couldn't see her lips, but he was sure with the way her eyes lit up with mirth that she was enjoying his predicament. Very much so.

"Main bata raha hu, bahot na insafi hai yeh."

"Stop grumbling you big baby. Paise hai?"

Marwan glanced at her with a confused expression but anyhow gave a single nod. Aliya hummed in response and her eyes wandered amidst the crowd.

Before entering the den, they had to keep away their guns and earpods too. Thankfully, Aliya had sent a quick message along with their location to Daiyan before switching off their phones when the men at the entrance demanded.

The place was a walking hell- figuratively. They had been cross checked four times before being given an entrance in the underground bidding palace- that's what they called it.

Plush couches were lined in the front, none of which were occupied as of now. Seeing the way they were kept, one could only predict that it was for the vvip guests and him- hopefully.

"I don't get it. It's been over half an hour since we came here. Kar kya rahe hai yeh log?"

Aliya mumbled to herself. Trying to act unbothered and in the role of a woman who had accompanied her husband to buy a slave for herself, she leisurely let her eyes do a harmless sweep of all the guards aligned at every 5m from each other.

Covid protocols or was it?

"Kab aayenge woh sab?"

Marwan whisper-yelled in Aliya's ears. The latter winced and then grimaced. Her glare could bury him 6 feet deep if not for Marwan's defiant stare fixated on her.

"They're waiting for the final single. Tujhe yaha kahi pe Eren dikh raha hai? Nahi na. When he makes his appearance, they will make theirs."

Marwan huffed like a disappointed kid and stayed silent for the while that followed. His bored eyes kept doing a 360 of the area again and again, so much so that when one of the men at the back and towards his left made a move to secure something around his waist- that little something seemed to be the very object that wasn't allowed inside.