30. For the best

*****

*****

.

(Continuation of ch.19)

.

"Sorry to interrupt your sleep, dear fiancè."

If Laiha was sleepy before then now she was wide awake. A look of horror crossed her expressions as she gaped at a silently seething Marwan who wore the most sarcastic of smiles on his face.

"Aise kya dekh rahi ho? Matlab, sab ko pata hai I'm engaged apart from me. Ironic, isn't it?"

He walked past her and into the dimly lit room. Trying to keep his emotions in check, he switched on the lights and flopped on the bed. His eyes found themselves back on Laiha who stood frozen beside the door and rolling his eyes, Marwan clapped his hands loudly, making her jump in fright and surprise.

"I've not yet learnt how to talk to statues. Please, be a little considerate."

The sarcasm was on point and Laiha had to force her feet towards where he sat. A nervous chuckle left her lips as she observed the look on his face.

"K-kya bol rahe ho? Did you have a nightmare or something?"

The sweet smile that lifted on Marwan's lips could raise anyone's blood sugar level and right now, Laiha could feel her's thumping at a great speed.

"Imagine my surprise when Ziah asks me about my marriage date. Not just she was kind enough to enlighten me with the information that I have a fiancè. Ab woh fiance kaha se aayi hai, I don't know. Toh, which date would suit a grand wedding?"

Marwan made a thinking face and Laiha finally grumbled in annoyance. Throwing the duvet aside, she sat cross legged on the bed beside him and placed her cheeks in between her hands before looking at him with a solemn expression.

"Meri galti nahi hai."

"Of course, I chose you as my fiancè. Mujhe hi pagal kutte ne kata hoga."

"What do you mean by that?"

The indirect insult made Laiha narrow her eyes in slits at the man who just gave her a bored expression, clearly not at all amused with where all this was going.

"Laiha, mind revealing the pandora's box?"

"Pandora- what?"

Groaning in frustration, Marwan hit the back of her head and got up from the bed. Glaring at her, he stood in front of where she sat and crossed his arms across his chest, silently asking her to speak up before he decided to take matters in his own hands.

Laiha sobered up at the change in his demeanour and with a nervous breath, spoke about how much she knew.

"It wasn't even on my to-do list when I came here. Madiha aunty ne bola ki she needs a little help. Now, how would I know that the help she needed was for me to act as your fiancè? Unhone sirf mujhe bola ki it's for the best and I did as she asked. She looked upset about something aur unko na bhi nahi bol sakti thi aur- Hey! Kaha ja rahe ho?"