27. Live While We're Young

The noise of the front door opening interrupted us, and we pulled apart. I pushed back on the door to my flat and stepped back inside, pulling Harry with me. I nudged it shut with my foot and quickly locked it from the inside as I heard footsteps outside, and continuing to the door further down the hall. My heart was hammering again, from Harry's kiss and the thrill of being almost caught. I looked at him and we smiled at each other.

"Would you mind if I use your bathroom?" he asked.

"Not at all, it's at the end of the hall," I pointed. He walked in the direction I was pointing and I went into the kitchen and switched the kettle on, more for something to do rather than actually wanting a drink. I slipped my blazer off and threw it on a chair, took out a couple of mugs and started to make tea. I heard him coming out of the bathroom so I called out "in here!" and he appeared at the door of the kitchen.

"Tea?" I offered.

"That'd be great, thanks," he said. I gestured to the kitchen table and he sat down while I poured the water and the milk into the cups and stirred them. I sat down at the table and took a sip of tea.

"So do you have any plans for the summer?" Harry asked.

"Not really," I said. "There's a group of us that sometimes do a last minute holiday somewhere hot so we might do it this year but we've not talked about it yet. And..." I hesitated, not wanting to make a fool out of myself, then decided I didn't care. "We've got tickets to your Cardiff show in June," I mumbled, feeling my face flush.

He grinned. "Really? That's great!" Then he looked confused. "Isn't that a bit far?"

I squirmed a bit. "Well," I began, knowing my face was turning beetroot, "we needed a contingency, in case London sold out. So Sarah was in charge of the London dates, and I was in charge of the rest of the UK. Turns out we were both lucky. She got London and I got Cardiff. So we're going twice." I closed my eyes. "Go on, take the piss. I know you're dying to."

I felt his lips touch mine softly and I kept my eyes closed and kissed him back. "What was that for?" I asked as he pulled away.

He shrugged. "You look really cute when you're embarrassed."

I blushed again and he leant forward and kissed me again, and this time he didn't pull away. He stood up, pulling me up with him, and pulled me close so our chests were touching. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes kissing.

A million things were running through my mind. He was leaving tomorrow to go on tour again and after tonight I was unlikely to see him again. I wasn't stupid - I knew I was just lucky enough to have been in the right place at the right time, and if it hadn't been me, it would just have been someone else. I didn't want to be just a notch on his bedpost but part of me didn't care. He was gorgeous and sexy and funny and I wanted him as much as he seemed to want me. I knew deep down if I let him walk out right now I would regret it forever.

I pulled away from him and looked into his eyes. He smiled at me. "I should probably let you get to bed," he said. "I don't want to be the reason you get in trouble at work."

My heart was pounding. I didn't want him to go, but I didn't want to admit that. "I do need to be up early," I agreed. I looked up at him and he softly kissed me one more time before pulling away and stepping away from me.

"I had a great time tonight," he said.

"Me too," I said. I was panicking inside now. I needed to make a decision, and fast. I turned away and grabbed a glass from the draining board and quickly half-filled it with water. I took a drink from it, trying to stop my hands from shaking.

"I really enjoyed getting to know you, Jess," he said, as he began to turn to walk out of the kitchen.

"Don't go," I blurted. Wow. Smooth, Jess. I closed my eyes in embarrassment.

He stopped by the door and looked at me. He didn't say anything. I walked over to him, our eyes locked on each other, my heart hammering and my knees like jelly. My glass was still in my hand. Without breaking eye contact I stepped right up to him and slowly poured the last inch of water down the front of his shirt. He gasped and we both looked down at the little streak of water trickling down his chest, and the wet patch that was now sticking to him. There was a silence as a couple of drops fell onto the kitchen floor.

I looked back up again and into his eyes. "Oops," I shrugged.

A smiled broke onto his face and he grabbed me round the waist. "You are unbelieveable, you know that?" he murmured, his lips millimetres from mine.

I set the glass down on the table behind me and pressed my lips against his. He breathed out softly as the kiss deepened and I lifted my arms up so they were wrapped around his neck. He pulled me tightly to him and I felt his hips press into mine. I ran my hands over his shoulders and down his front to where his shirt was buttoned. I quickly unbuttoned it and slipped it off his shoulders. It fell to the floor and he grabbed the hem of my dress and pulled it up and over my head in one swift motion.

I stepped out of my heels and pushed him backwards towards my bedroom. He grinned as I carried on pushing him until we got to the door. I opened it and he leant down and kissed me. I skated my fingers lightly over his warm back and then pushed him away from me roughly so he stumbled backwards and fell back on my bed. He propped himself up on his elbows, grinning. I went and sat astride him and we kissed again, longer and more passionately.

So much for not being that girl, I thought to myself, as he rolled me over so he was half lying on top of me and began softly kissing my neck. I smiled to myself and vaguely thought I am going to be so tired at work tomorrow, as we started doing all the things I'd been daydreaming about non-stop since the last time....