62. Little Things

"Oh God," I whimpered as Harry opened the car door and got out. I grabbed my bag and he appeared at my side and opened my door for me.

"You look terrified," he teased as I got out and he shut the door.

"I am terrified," I said through gritted teeth, and he grinned and leaned forward and kissed me softly on the lips, which made my stomach flip over. I couldn't help but grin back.

"That's better," he said. "You'll be fine."

He opened the boot and took out our bags, and I heard the front door open. I took a deep breath and looked up to see Harry's mum standing in the doorway beaming.

"Hi," Harry called. He shut the boot and I followed him nervously up to the door.

"Hi darling," she said and threw her arms around his neck.

"Mum, this is Jess," he said after she stepped back, and she stepped forward and gave me a hug.

"Hi Jess, I'm Anne," she said, warmly. "It's lovely to meet you."

"Lovely to meet you too," I squeaked, and Harry grinned at me over her shoulder. I was too nervous to pull a face at him.

"Come on in," she said, and we followed her into the hall where Harry dropped our bags at the bottom of the stairs, and then walked through to the kitchen.

Gemma was sitting at the large table with a cup of tea, reading a magazine. She stood up when we walked in and came over to us. She hugged Harry and then looked at me with interest.

"Hi," she said. "I'm Gemma."

"She knows," Harry interrupted. "She follows you on Twitter."

I snapped my head up to stare at Harry in horror. What did he say that for?!

"Oh Harry!" Anne scolded. "Don't embarrass Jess like that!"

"She follows you too," Harry teased. "Don't you Jess?"

"Harry," I pleaded faintly, my face on fire, and he laughed.

"She's a big fan," he explained to Anne and Gemma.

"We do know all this," Gemma said to me. "He hasn't shut up about you for the last 3 months. It's been all 'Jess is a huge fan, she like, knows the drumbeat to Little White Lies, it's amazing,' and 'it was so funny the other day when Jess sassed Louis right back, he made some dirty comment to her and she just slayed him, it was brilliant!'"

I laughed out loud and looked up at Harry whose face was now pink. Gemma smiled sweetly at him.

"I've got far more shit on you," she said to him, and I grinned.

"I'll make some tea," Anne said, filling the kettle. "Harry, why don't you show Jess up to your room and take your bags up?"

"Thanks," I said, smiling at Anne and Gemma, and followed Harry back into the hall. He picked up both our bags and led me up the stairs to a large, airy bedroom with a double bed. There were a couple of framed discs on the walls, some photos of Harry looking very young with his family, and a guitar on a stand in the corner. I realised this must be Harry's bedroom when he stayed here, and I was probably looking at some of the stuff he'd had before he was famous.

I heard Harry shut the door behind us and he grabbed me round the waist from behind and kissed my neck. I pushed him off.

"You're in trouble," I said, turning and pointing at him threateningly. He laughed delightedly.

"Why?"

"You know why!" I spluttered. "Trying to embarrass me like that! You know how nervous I am!"