44. Loved You First

Harry insisted on driving us to the beach himself the following morning, so security had to follow us in the car behind. It was a half hour car journey, so we had the radio cranked up loud, and I was singing along to every song I knew and dancing in my seat with my arms in the air, much to Harry's amusement. I was disappointed that no One Direction songs came on, but I had brought my iPod and was hoping to get an hour to myself sunbathing so I could jam my earphones in and get my fix.

We parked up and jumped out of the car, grabbed our stuff and followed the four bodyguards down onto the sand. We spread out our towels and I began wriggling out of my shorts to reveal my white bikini. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Harry watching me, and I smiled inwardly. I covered myself in suntan lotion, and turned around and handed the bottle to Harry. I closed my eyes as his hands stroked my back, and felt goosebumps break out on my skin at his first touch. "I've got a party going on in my shorts right now," he murmured in my ear as he handed me the bottle so I could do his back.

"Harry!" I squealed. He grinned and pulled his tshirt off, and while his face was covered I let my eyes drop to his crotch to see if he was winding me up, but his shorts were too baggy to tell. I squeezed lotion onto my hands and as I began to rub his back I felt desire shoot through me. I took longer to rub it all in than I needed to, and when I'd finished I leaned forward so my lips brushed his ear and whispered, "Seems you're not the only one."

He snapped his head up and looked at me. I smiled at him flirtatiously, then laid down on my towel and pulled out my iPod. "You can't say stuff like that," he whined, laying on his front and propping himself up on his elbows to look at me.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit busy," I said, putting my earphones in.

"What are you listening to?" he asked.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "You really have to ask?"

He rolled his eyes, and laid his head down on his arms, his face turned towards me. I put Four on and skipped straight to Track 2. I turned the volume down so it was just gentle background sound and closed my eyes. I managed to get away with the entire Four album and half of Midnight Memories before Harry poked my side. "I'm booored," he moaned. "Take your earphones out and talk to me."

I smiled and pulled one out and looked over at him. "I can't believe no one has noticed you yet," I said.

"It's nice isn't it," he said. "It's very relaxing."

"I wish I could kiss you," I confessed.

"Me too," he said. He rolled over onto his side and rested his head on his hand, looking at me. "You get why we can't, don't you?"

"Of course," I said. "I don't want the attention any more than you do."

"I love that you get it," he said. Again, my stomach flipped as he said the word "love". His phone sounded and he picked it up and looked at it. "Lou will be here in a bit," he said.

I bolted upright, making him jump. My other earphone fell out. "Lou?" I squealed. "As in Louis??"

"Jeez," he grinned. "No, Lou our hairdresser." He laughed at my face.

I held my hand to my heart which was now thundering in my chest. "Christ, Harry, don't do that to me."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "You sure there isn't anything you want to tell me about your feelings for Louis?"

"Other than he's my favourite member of One Direction?" I teased. "Joke. JOKE!" I insisted, seeing the look on his face. "You know it's Liam really." He glared at me. "Niall?" I tried.

He sighed huffily and turned onto his side away from me and I giggled.

"I'm sorry," I wheedled, poking his back. "I'm just teasing you. You're my favourite and always have been, kind of."