35. Same Mistakes

I woke up on Saturday morning, face down in bed and still fully dressed. My arm was hanging down the side of the bed and I became vaguely aware of my phone buzzing. I lifted my head from the pillow - big mistake. It pounded with a dull throb, and my mouth was dry and felt as though it was filled with cotton wool. I fumbled around on my bedside table for my phone, and knocked it on the floor. I groaned and fumbled around for it on the floor, before finally locating it. It was Callie.

"Hello?" I croaked.

"Please tell me you're at home and you're ALONE," Callie said.

"Wha... of course I am. What's that supposed to mean?" I mumbled.

"So you're not with your mate Gary?"

"No!" I protested. "Why would you think that?"

"Because you were snogging his face off last night and pictures have gone viral!" she said.

"What... how do you know about that?!" I gasped.

"Because the pictures have gone viral!" Callie hissed. "It's all over Twitter! You look like you're practically stand-up shagging outside the tube station. "

"Oh jeez," I muttered, holding my head in my hands.

"What the hell happened?" Callie demanded.

"We were drowning our sorrows," I said feebly. "It was a mistake that should never have happened."

"Twice," Callie put in.

"What?"

"You were pictured kissing in Sync, then again by the tube."

"Mmhhh," I mumbled.

"Why on earth were you drowning your sorrows anyway?"

"Harry's been shagging some slut in the Philippines," I said.

"Prick," Callie declared. "Is that why all the tweets are going on about revenge?"

"Probably," I said. "I haven't been on Twitter since last night. I'll go and look and call you back."

I threw my phone down beside me on the bed and closed my eyes. I really couldn't be arsed with this. Couldn't I just suffer my hangover in peace? My mind was racing however, and curiosity started getting the better of me. I pushed the covers back and stumbled into the bathroom, fighting the urge to throw up. Next stop was the kitchen, where I made myself a strong coffee, sat down at the table and went onto Twitter.

@sugarlips_xxx: @jessie_braddy 2 guys in one week? Classy. #slag

@harrysgirl774: @jessie_braddy why are you trying to hurt @Harry_Styles ?

@plastixgen: @Harry_Styles your girlfriend @jessie_braddy is having plenty of fun without you!

@stylemelove1: @Harry_Styles are you and @jessie_braddy over? xxxxx

There were several pictures that had been retweeted thousands of times; one of me and Gary in Sync, kissing; One of us leaning up against the wall by the entrance of the tube, my hands on Gary's jacket, pulling him closer to me and his hands on my hips (this did look pretty passionate) and one of us walking down the steps to the tube, holding hands. I had to admit, if I'd seen these pictures I would have jumped to the same conclusions the rest of Twitter seemed to have jumped to as well.

I called Callie back. "It looks bad, doesn't it," I said when she answered the phone.

"It looks like you're about to shag each other on the pavement," Callie declared. "You didn't....?" she left the question hanging.