29. Teenage Kicks

"That'll teach you to mock my buns of steel," Harry murmured huskily into my neck, half an hour later.

I pushed him off me and he rolled over onto his back on the bed. "Well if that was punishment, I wish I'd done it sooner," I said, sitting up. "OK now seriously, I have got to get a move on." I went into the bathroom and switched the shower on. I jumped in before it had properly warmed up and squealed at the cool water running over my hot skin. I had literally the quickest shower in history, and wrapped a towel round me as I went back into my bedroom to get dressed. I threw a clean towel at Harry and he winked at me as he slipped past me and went into the bathroom. Damn, that wink again. My knees wobbled a bit every time he did it.

I went into the kitchen and threw 4 slices of bread into the toaster, then went back to the bedroom and dried myself off. I pulled on a pair of leggings and a chiffon top, and my black chunky boots. I ran a brush through my hair and pulled it up into a messy ponytail, leaving a few wisps down around my face. I quickly put some makeup on and heard the shower switch off. I went back into the kitchen and quickly buttered the toast and was putting it onto a plate when Harry came into the kitchen wearing last night's clothes. He looked mouth-wateringly gorgeous.

"You look great," he said, as I handed him the plate with the toast on. "What time do you have to leave?"

"Anytime in the next 10 minutes," I said. "I can get on the tube, you don't have to drive me."

"I'd like to," he said, sincerely.

The butterflies in my stomach were back with a vengeance. "OK, well thanks, if you're sure," I smiled.

I entered the last few numbers into my laptop, saved and closed the application, and stuffed everything back into my work bag. We finished the toast and I grabbed my phone, bag and keys and smiled at Harry.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Yep," I replied. I pulled on my biker jacket and we headed out the door and down the stairs. He blipped the Range Rover as we walked across the car park and opened the door for me to climb in. He got in himself, started the car and backed out of the space. I gave him the postcode to my office and he tapped it into his Sat Nav, then pulled a pair of sunglasses out of the driver's door compartment and slipped them on.

"What are you going to do now?" I asked.

"I'll head home and probably get my head down for a couple of hours, seeing as I didn't get much sleep last night," he said, glancing at me and smirking.

"Well you've only got yourself to blame for that," I said airily. "At least you can go home and sleep. I have a full day's work ahead of me."

He chuckled. "I feel your pain."

Our conversation was interrupted by an incoming call. I glanced at the dashboard. Omfg. Incoming call - Louis Tomlinson.

My eyes widened and my heart lurched. I opened my mouth in excitement and turned to look at Harry, who chuckled again. The Directioner in me was about to make an embarrassing appearance.

He pressed a button and said, "Morning Lou."

"Oh you're awake then," Louis's voice came through the speakers. I opened my mouth wide and squeezed my eyes shut in a silent scream.

"Yeah," Harry said, grinning at my reaction.

"You still at your mum's?" Louis asked.

"Nah, I'm in London," Harry said. "I came back yesterday."

Louis cackled. "Ahhh no way, she said yes to the date then?" I snapped my head up and looked at Harry. I was seriously about to scream in uncontrollable excitement.