𝐒𝐨𝐧 𝐇𝐚𝐤 || 𝐀 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐇𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐒𝐨 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 ~ 𝐀𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐝 𝐒

Warning: (Based after the Nadai arc/ slight manga spoilers) Fluff, Feels

Words: 1.3k

-----------------------------------

"Come on Hak, now you're just being so annoying!" My little sister pouts, while Hak stood there looking bored.

"Come on, watching you is boring and your sister is just laughing at us right now," Hak gestures to me, as I walk over to the two in Yona's chambers. I was meant to bring her over to Father's chambers, as he requested her.

"Well you're in luck, Yona father has asked for you to meet at his quarters," I smile softly, as her eyes light up.

"Finally, well see ya!" She waves, rushing off while I try to hold back a chuckle.

"So.........Princess......(Y/N), how is everything going?" Hak asks me, turning to him. "Your birthday is soon, any preparations for that? Eighteen........wow, don't we grow up so fast."

"Speak for yourself, you're already eighteen," i smirk, walking out of Yona's chambers to the garden when Hak follows behind. I am Yona's eldest sister, and King Il's eldest daughter. I had the same vibrant red hair like Yona's, yet it wasn't as wild and curly like's hers. 

Those days were such a time back then, when nothing was threatening. Now here I am escaped and travelling with Hak, Yona and four dragons and Yun. During our time Yona was the reincarnation of the red dragon from the ancient myths. I was confused as I was skipped, but nevertheless I protected Yona with my own life. I may not be prophesied, but she's the only family I've got.

Hak swore to protect both of us, but I assured him that I need no saving.

Yona's is far more vulnerable and more likely to be in more danger, than I myself. She's picked on alot of survival tactics, but lacked physical strength. Yet I envied her determination, envied how all dragons protected her. 

Throwing a pebble into the stream, it bounces against the surface.

"Princess," a soft deep, and mellow voice calls.

Turning I see Hak walking over towards me, while I bask in the moonlight that shone down. The moon kisses against his skin, allowing his hair to glow in the light. Handsome and tall, toned and beefed up. He's changed so much, matured......a little I guess....

"Hak, what are you doing?"

He slowly sits down right beside me, staring out to the river before us. His gaze gently settles upon the ripples of the stream, before inhaling slowly.

"Can't I sit down beside my favourite princess?"

Pouting with how he addressed 'favourite' made me send a sharp punch to his shoulder, causing him to glance my way with a questioning look. 

"What?"

Picking up another pebble I check for the smoothest surface, before angling it.

"Don't favouritise.........we're equal," I mumble, before throwing the stone seeing it repeat bouncing for four times. "She's just younger, inexperienced and has a lot to learn............maybe you need to remember that."

"What? I was just trying to make your feel special, isn't that hard to express?" He questions, rhetorically while I throw another pebble. Things have grown rocky between us, but nevertheless we both worked well together during battles and fights. Learning how to fight secretly gave me the upper hand, before fleeing the castle. Just thinking about Soo-Won made me feel bitter in the mouth, his name tainting my tongue just speaking about him.

"Sorry, just a little...........uptight I guess," I sigh deeply, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

The silence drew around us both, but a heavy sigh leaves his lips.

Not long after my eyes linger upon the water I hear hm shuffling closer, before his large arm wraps around my tinier body. He pulls me  close feeling his hot breath fan against my neck, his grip tightening around me. Butterflies fill my stomach, cheeks burning profusely across my cheeks and lingering to my ears. My heart pounds with a certain rhythm, which ticks me off about. 

His face rests against my shoulder, before burying into the crook of my neck.

"If you ever need to talk, you've got me," he muffles against my skin, before a gentle kiss was placed. 

Everything has been bottled up, losing everything in one fell swoop.

However everything breaks instantly.......

Warm tears slowly make their way down, before feeling my body sinking to my knees. He pulls me closer with how body closing all around me, his warmth against my back. Trying to hold in my tears, grasping onto him. He whispers soft gentle words, while I allowed myself to cry. That heavy burden weighed upon me, wishing for something better to happen. 

His face nestles into my neck, my body trembling beneath his comforting hold.

"I-I'm so sorry," I choke out, but I couldn't muster anymore words. The air left my lungs, finding difficulty to even breathe. Yet being in his arms, gave me courage and warmth I've never had before. 

"Idiot, no need to apologise for anything," He scolds me lightly, but allows me to curl up in his lap. My head rests upon his beating chest, feeling my body slowly calming down. Despite the war silently going on, he always knew how to calm down. Knew how to prepare even when we're not fully prepared, and yet......he still stands firm to King Il's request. 

'Please protect Yona and (Y/N), they're my pride and joy,'

Sometimes I wondered if I could've prevented this from happened, what if I prevented Soo-Won from entering his chambers. Prevented the sudden threat from the sky tribe, especially when wreaking havoc.

"Everything will be okay," pressing a kiss to my temple, all I could do was embrace his loving affection.

We both held something more, than just friends type of bond. Something special and precious, that sometimes I'm afraid to break. Slowly pulling away I felt his index finger drift to both my eyes, wiping away my tears before cupping my face.

"It's okay to cry, it makes you stronger," He assures me softly, his voice warm and mellow. No ounce of sarcasm or hints of any corny jokes. He was sincere. He rubs small circles against my cheeks, as our eyes lock for a moment. The tender gaze made me feel safe, seeing how much he cares about me. Growing up I thought Yona and Hak would be together, but growing older  found myself falling for him. 

"Okay,"

He chuckles deeply, before he leans down slowly before his lips meet my own.

My eyes slowly widen realising his lips were pressed firmly against my own, but soon I sink into his touch. Allowing his hands to drift to my hips, as our lips slowly move in sync. He's so careful, gentle and allowed me to make my move to know we both share the same feelings. Soon our kiss grew more passionate, cheeks burning and my ears red. Our lungs burning but favourable, when soon we pull away gasping for air.

"Hak?"

His eyebrows hike together gazing into my eyes, with a more loving gaze.

"I love you, almost losing you made me realise how precious you are to me," he whispers, the pain lacing in his voice. "I don't think I could forgive myself, if I left you to die.......because I will gladly follow no matter by spirit or body........."

His forehead rests against my own, while we close our eyes feeling more tears cascading down.

"I love you too, you idiot," chuckling through my tears.

--------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys, sorry I haven't been updating as much. Wifi where I am s terrible, so it's difficult to write a lot these days. Request are not available at this time, but hopefully when I get better coverage then I will. Take care!!!! :)

~ Little Bean