𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐢𝐫𝐲𝐮𝐮 || 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞

𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐘𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 ~ 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲

(Requested by lovingkaoruhours)

Warning: Fluff ('General' 'fem' reader)

Words: 1.5k

---------------------------------

His smile always glows the brightest, no matter the circumstances.........

His wisdom, his love for his people was beyond immeasurable and sincere.........

Whether my position was low, or not important he still showed his pure kindness towards me. A trained female guard, who chose to fight than sitting idly by. Yet he admired my strength, my courage and most of all he made me fall for him even more.

*

*

*

"You two go to the watchtowers, and you four head to the rear guard!" pointing in directions, instructing the men that followed me as the General. Who knew I would become somewhat a leader, but still having to put everything in protecting our gracious lord and King......King Hiryuu.

"Yes, General!"

All saluting they all follow suit, watching the groups heading in their instructed posts. Many enemies have been coming in, terrorising the nearby villages. Many men lost, but gained more strength for our kingdom. The never ending war, something our King despises.

Turning back to the men around me, I send them to the front posts knowing I must report back to our King. With my line of duty as a soldier, my life never mattered to most. One day I know my life would waste away on the lands of Kouka, and no one would shed a tear. That's how I viewed my own life, knowing to prepare for death.

Making my way up the stairs, my eyes drift up only to meet with beautiful violet eyes of fire.

My heart pounds against my chest, I felt like it would rip right out of the metal plate that covered my chest. The metal of my armour clanks together, making my way up to meet him. Soon when he came to the earth, he soon became our King. With a King, he must be wedded with a suitable wife. A woman to abide with his wills, bear his children and carry on the family name.

This pain I felt in my chest, tightens knowing he will never see me as a suitable wife. 

"My King," I bow to my knee, when he places a soft tap on my shoulder.

"Stand please, when you stand with me......you will also be an equal," he assures me, making me quietly apologise. "Any reports?"

Nodding I clear my throat, before pointing out to the guards heading to their posts.

"I've added more guards at the front, and mostly at the rear too," I began, full explaining the whole situation. "The four dragons are always okay, nothing can harm them as much so they're just helping train our soldiers....."

"I see.......thank you," he bows his head, making me blink in awe with how handsome he was. His red fiery hair like the dawn flows in the wind, with his most humble smile plastered across his face. Glancing away I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear, clearing my dry throat again.

"Anyway......I must continue my duti--" before I could walk off, he latches his hand around my wrist pulling me back.

Turning to him, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Is everything alright, my King?"

His gaze softens when our eyes meet again, "Why don't you have a day off, have a break?" he suggests, but my eyes widen in alarm.