3

"Clary, you’re gonna get yourself killed." Jace tried to make the redhead stop but she didn't. She continued walking but then Thea added, "whoever Simon is, too."

Clary stopped walking away and walked back to the others, "Then help me. While we consider other options, my best friend is suffering. Is that something Shadowhunters understand or am I just being a mundane?"

"Clary’s right." Jace supported his new crush, "They made the first move. We’re gonna take care of this ourselves, right now."

"This is a bad idea. I—" Alec was cut off by his parabatai, "What, have you got a better one? Look, the vamps broke the Accords. They kidnapped a mundie. That’s a big no-no. The Clave will give us a lecture and then they’ll be glad we did it. Come on."

"Hard to argue with that." Isabelle said making Alec look at Thea, as if asking for her opinion.

"As long as I get to kill some vampires, I really don't care." Thea said with a shrug making Isabelle and Jace smirk. They could tell that they're gonna like the girl.

Alec sighed, "Even if we went ahead, I don’t see how we get out of here without having to explain where we’re going. We need weapons, and we can’t let anyone see us get them."

"I know where to get what we need."

**

GRAVEYARD

Thea, Jace, Alec, Izzy and Clary arrived with the van at the graveyard to pick up weapons for their mission.

"Whose grave is it?" Alec question to which Isabelle replied, "Mary Milligan, born January 10th, 1802. Died January 10th, 1878."

"Damn," Thea chuckled, "am I the only one to find that actually cool?"

"Nope." Isabelle said while shaking her head, "I find that epic."

Alec rolled his eyes at the two girls before Jace said, "All right, Alec, let’s go."

"Wait," Clary made Jace stop to look at her, "what are we looking for?"

"Cache of weapons." Isabelle replied as Jace added, "Stashed here with Mrs. Milligan."

"Why are there Shadowhunter weapons in a churchyard?" Clary questioned, looking around the place in confusion.

"Because all of the ancient religions recognize demons." Isabelle replied while checking her phone, "Or at least they used to."

"They forgot about the thread because we’ve been here to protect them. Typical mundane failure of imagination." Alec said making Thea take a mental note that Alec didn't really like mundanes.

"Are you saying we did too good a job?" Isabelle was now facing her brother, "you just can’t let up, can you?"

"You know what? Alec, why don’t you go check out by the angel?" Jace said to Alec before turning to Clary, "We couldn’t gear up at the Institute, but we know our ancestors left a cache around here someplace. We’ll find it."

Ignoring what Clary and Jace were saying, Thea fixed her eyes on Alec's retreating figure before she marched up to him, "Alec."

Alec turned to look at her, "what?"

"Is Jace your parabatai?" She questioned to which he nodded, "yeah, what gave it away?"

"Gut feeling."

"Do you have one?" Alec asked which made her eyes flicker from him to anywhere else but him before she looked down at the ground and muttered in a low voice, "yeah."

"What's her or his name?" Alec asked, finding the new found information interesting. Thea looked up at him, "his."

"What?"

"His," she repeated, "he's a guy."

"That's...uh... that's cool." Alec said, clearing his throat, "so, what's his name?"

"Ryan," Thea replied with a smile tugging at her lips.

"Nice name." Alec commented, "do you...like..feel something for him? Like l—" Alec was cut off by Thea, "love?"

"Yeah." Alec muttered, "do you love him? Or have a feeling stronger than parabatais should?"

"Not really, no. Do you know why parabatai are forbidden to fall for each other?"  Thea questioned, tilting her head to the side. Alec shook his head, "all I know is that it's forbidden. I know that strict punishments awaits those who do—including de-runing. Do you know?"