23

"Get a room!" Jace's mockery was ignored by Alec and Thea who were kissing each other like there was no tomorrow. Alec deepened the kiss but couldn't take it further when Isabelle said, "as much as I love that you guys are together, I don't want to see my brother tongue wrestling with his girlfriend. It's gross."

Breaking the kiss, Thea glanced at Isabelle who was wearing a very formal dress making a frown settle onto Thea's face.

"What are you wearing?"

"I've matured." Isabelle replied, "now back to the cup. What about a glamour?"

"We tried that." Jace replied, "anyone working with Valentine will see right through it."

"Can we ask Magnus Bane to portal us inside?" Clary asked to which Thea responded, "Magnus can only portal us to places he's been to before."

Clary's cell phone started ringing making the redhead mutter, "Not again. Just give me a second." She picked up the phone, "Simon, this is really not a good time."

Clary spoke to Simon for a while. Jace grabbed Clary's phone which made the redhead glare at him, "Hey—"

"Simon's little problem can wait. I've got a great plan."

"Oh, there's a first." Clary taunted making Jace laugh sarcastically, "Just follow my lead. Oh, and don't worry, in my plan, no one gets slapped."

"She slapped you?" Thea questioned with a smirk to which Jace rolled his eyes. Clary smiled at Thea before nodding, "it was fun."

"Can I?" Thea stepped towards Jace who furrowed his brows, "can you what?"

"Slap you." Thea replied making Jace's eyes widen before he hid behind Alec, "no, crazy, you can't."

Isabelle, Thea and Clary laughed when Alec grabbed Jace from behind him and held him in front of Thea.

"Seriously now, what's your great plan, blondie?"

**

NYPD, HALL

Thea, Alec and Izzy walked in.

"Okay, I'm guessing you're the distraction?" Alec asked Isabelle who shook her head, "Nope. I've decided to grow up, remember? No more distracting for me. Thea could be the distraction."

"No." Alec replied almost instantly making Isabelle smirk, "overprotective, I see."

"Alec, it's you who gotta be the distraction because I don't think either me or Izzy's her type." Thea said nodding towards the receptionist.

"Oh, crap." Alec muttered as Isabelle approached him, "don't worry, it's good practice."

"Huh?" Alec raised his brows at his sister, confused.

"You know, for asking out Thea?" Isabelle asked making Thea glance at Alec who had an almost unnoticeable hint of pink on his cheeks. Thea looked away because she was sure her face was the same if not worst.

Isabelle then unbuttons a button of Alec's shirt making him frown, "what are you... what are you doing?"

"Unbuttoning your shirt." Isabelle replied, "What's it look like I'm doing?"

"Izzy, this is not really my department."

"Come on." She sighed, "You do this sort of stuff all the time."

"You do, I don't." Alec corrected making Isabelle look up at him, "It's easy. Come on."

Alec sighed before he approached the receptionist. "Hey."

"Can I help you?" The receptionist asked to which he nodded before clearing his throat. Alec was nervous as he asked, "Yeah, you... You come here often?"

The woman at the desk shot him an 'are you serious' look, "I work here. What can I help you with?"

Isabelle and Thea were trying hard not to laugh in the back.

Alec scanned her desk, "Right, um... Right, right, right, yeah, um... Yeah, I'm just... I'm looking for some information. Oh, look..."he tipped over the water bottle, "Oh, wow. I'm so sorry. Let me just get that. That's not... I'm so sorry." Alec slid the card off the table and Izzy catched it effortlessly. "That's such a mess. Let me clean that up. Uh, it's not working. Okay."

"Here, let me. No, I got it. I got it. Just go. Go." The woman said to which Alec asked, "You sure?"

"Go." The woman ushered as Alec took some pamphlets before leaving, "Thank you so much."

Isabelle slid Rosa's card through the scanner and a room full of machinery opened. Thea then drew a rune on one of them before they walked out.

Thea faced Alec with a smirk, "come here often?"

"Shut up," Alec rolled his eyes but couldn't stop a smile from forming on his lips.