25

Alec, Thea and Clary returned to the institute. Clary showed Jace that she had the cup and they shared a few words and a kiss as well in front of everyone.

Thea glanced at Alec who fake gagged at her making her chuckle. He then walked away with her hand still in his, dragging her with him.

"We don't look like that, do we?" Alec asked as he closed the door to his room. Thea shrugged, "who cares?"

"Right?" Alec placed a hand on her waist before kissing her. He slid his tongue inside her mouth and deepened the kiss as she let out a moan unwillingly. Alec felt himself turned on by that mere sound she made. The two continued kissing and Thea let out a gasp when she felt something pressing to her thighs.

"You did this." Alec muttered, "what are you doing to me?"

Thea smiled before pecking his lips, "I can fix it."

"Yeah?" Alec raised his brows, amused, "how?"

"By talking about Simon." She said making Alec snort. "That was unexpected. But yeah, you said you had a theory."

"I do." She pursed her lips into a thin line before walking towards his bed. She sat down on it and glanced up at Alec, "I think he might be turning into a vampire. Something must have happened in that hotel when he was kidnapped. Maybe he drank blood-or someone drank his-or maybe both which would explain his behaviour."

"If that's the case then we should tell the others."

"I'm not sure if that's the case. If we tell them and it's not true then we'd be worrying then for nothing. Like I said, it's just a theory." Thea said.

"How do you know all the downworlders? And how come the werewolves listened to you?" Alec asked the question that has been troubling him ever since that day.

"Alec, I-" Thea paused, contemplating whether she should tell him who she really is or not. "Its because I'm friends with them. I'm friends with a lot of downworlders."

"And that's the only reason?" Alec seemed unconvinced. Thea nodded, "yeah. What other reaosn would there be?"

"I don't know." He shrugged, "I was just curious."

"Alec."

"Yeah?"

"We kissed," Thea pursed her lips in a thin line, "three or four times. What does that make us? Is there even an us?"

"What do you want it to be?" Alec stared at her, "do you want us to be something? Cause' I do. I want you to know that I really like you. I've never been in a relationship before-so this is all very new to me."

"To me too." Thea admitted, "oh and I like you too, Alexander."

"So...do you-do you want to be my girlfriend?" Alec asked, staring at her expectantly. Thea smiled before nodding, "of course."

**

"What are you guys doing?" Jace asked, approaching Alec and Thea who were looking at a monitor. Isabelle handed the Cup back to Clary.

"You can stare at this monitor all you want, they need angel blood to get past the wards." Jace said, "You know that." Clary put the Cup back into the tarot card before smiling at Thea.

"No Downworlder can come into the Institute."

"Not without an invite by a Shadowhunter." Isabelle added as Alec glanced at her, "last I checked, Valentine is a Shadowhunter. The Cup is not safe here. We have to give it back to the Clave."

"Give it back to the Clave?" Clary repeated before shaking her head, "No. Not after everything we went through to get it."

"My brother is right." Isabelle said, "The Cup is extremely important."

"Are you agreeing with me?" Alec asked Isabelle who shrugged with a smirk, "I'm full of surprises."

"This Cup is the one chance I have at getting my mom back." Clary argued.

"I agree with Clary." Jace said making Thea roll her eyes, "why am I not surprised?"

"We can't give the Cup to the Clave, not now. We need it. It's our only bargaining chip." Jace said firmly as Clary added, "Look, I know how powerful this Cup is. It has the power to create new Shadowhunters, control demons and even kill a mundane if they drank from it. But I promise you, I will not let that monster get his hands on it."

"There you go. You have her word." Jace said to Alec.

"As if her word means much." Thea said with a scoff making Alec sigh as he looked at Clary, "Follow me."

Alec led Clary to the vault-tile in the training area. He activated the rune on the floor and a display comes up.

"Alec, I realize I couldn't have done any of this without your help. I wanna thank you." Clary said genuinely.

Alec placed the card on the display, "Don't misread this as friendship. Since you've arrived, our whole world's been turned upside down." He then sealed the vault.