10

Alec was checking out his arrows when Isabelle walked up to him. He glanced at her, "Pick a weapon. I suggest your whip."

Isabelle grabbed an arrow, "what’s wrong with you?"

"Nothing." He took the arrow back from Isabelle who frowned, "We’re going to a Downworlder’s rave. You should be a little more excited."

"It’s a mission, not a party." Alec reminded.

"Yeah, whatever." Isabelle checked out the blades and took on, "before Clary got here, every day was the same. Go on a mission, kill demons. Go on a mission, kill demons. At least now things are interesting."

"Interesting?" Alec repeated, "Valentine is alive and actively seeking the Cup. He threatens our entire world. And we’re helping his daughter. Who, by the way, we have no reason to trust. And who showed up out of nowhere. On top of that, we’re gonna end up overpaying some warlock who may or may not have information we need. So, no, Izzy… I don’t find it interesting."

"Whoa! Feel better now?" Isabelle asked with a slight smirk tugging at her lips.

"No, I don’t." Alec said with a straight face which he couldn't hold when a faint smile broke on his face, "okay, maybe a little."

"You can’t keep bottling things up, Alec. It’s only a matter of time before they explode. Not the fun kind of explode." Isabelle said to which Alec replied, "All right, let’s go. And we’re not going for the music."

The two were about to walk away when Thea entered the place and grabbed her weapons before setting them in her hostler. She then looked up at found Isabelle smirking at Alec who was staring at her wide-eyed.

"I'll wait for you guys outside." Isabelle said before walking away. Alec licked his now dry lips before clearing his throat, "you look...fuck... you look perfect."

Thea let out a chuckle, "thank you."

Alec walked towards her before bringing a hand to her hair. He then removed the pin which was holding her hair into a bun. Her long brown hairs fell on her shoulders and back making Alec smirk, "even better."

"Let's go." She said and quickly walked away, attempting to hide the blush that crawled up to her face.

**

"All clear." Alec announced as he stood behind the others after securing the perimeter.

Isabelle looked at Thea, "Do you think red’s my color?"

"With a body like yours, everything’s your color." Thea replied making Isabelle smile, "Good point. Damn, I make this necklace look so good."

"Will you take it off?" Alec asked, "I’m certain Magnus Bane doesn’t want drool on his ruby when we make the exchange."

"You know, I wouldn’t be so sure. Most men like it when I admire their jewels." Isabelle replied with a smirk which made Thea and Jace snort but covered it with a cough while Alec glared at his sister, "can you just give it to Jace?"

"You are such a buzzkill." Isabelle took the necklace off and handed it to Jace.

They entered the party and Jace said that they should split and that's what they did. While Jace and Clary went together which was a shocking Thing to the others—note the sarcasm, Alec and Thea went another way with Isabelle.

"Why did you put your hair back down?" Isabelle asked Thea, "I thought I tied it into a bun."

Alec glanced at her and saw Thea looking at him. He smirked, watching her intently as he waited for her answer. Thea licked her lips involuntarily which made Alec feel something he never felt before. He felt lust—like the mere action of this girl turned him on.

"I...I wasn't quite feeling it...the bun, you know?" Thea said to Isabelle who nodded with a smile, "I know that feeling too well."

"I figured." She muttered, glancing at Alec who was still smirking at her.

"I'll go check in another direction. The sexual tension here is killing me." Isabelle shot a wink to Thea and Alec before walking away. The two shared a look before Alec walked towards her, "wasn't quite feeling it, hm?"

"Are you teasing me, Lightwood?" Thea questioned with a smirk, "I didn't know you were capable of that."

Being bold, Alec leaned down to reach her right ear and whispered, "I'm capable of a lot more things than that. Stick around and you'll find out."

"We've known each other for a day," she chuckled, "You're being bold tonight." Thea mused, "what'd you drink before coming?"

"Nothing." Alec replied before his eyes fell on a man behind Magnus who was speaking to Clary and Jace. He took out his weapon and shot an arrow right at the man. He grabbed Thea's hand before rushing there. The two checked the dead man.

"He's a circle member." Thea stated, pointing to the circle rune on his neck.

"Thea?" Magnus asked, "come with me."

"I can't do that." Thea refused, "I promised them that I'll help. You understand that, right?"

"Of course, cupcake." Magnus pursed his lips into a thin line, "take care of yourself, okay?"

"Always."