9

"Warlocks usually require payment before they help anyone with anything." Jace explained.

"Word from the Clave is that most of the warlocks have gone into hiding since Valentine began hunting them." Alec said making Hodge look at him, "Valentine must be searching for the warlock, where did Jocelyn—" he was cut off when his circle rune started burning.

"Hodge, your rune. You okay?" Clary asked, concerned. After receiving a nod from Hodge, she asked, "So how do we find Magnus?"

"We don’t." Jace replied, "Magnus finds us. We’ll set up a meeting, somewhere protected. Lure him out of hiding."

Thea wanted to scoff at their way of finding Magnus while all she had to do was make a phone call. But she enjoyed seeing them work their ass off. So why not?

"And I know exactly where we do it." Isabelle said as she grabbed the tablet from Hodge and swiped through some pictures. She stopped at a VIP party for Downworlders.

"A Downworld rave." Jace smirked, "Nice, Izzy."

"And where’d you get that?" Alec asked, looking at his sister who replied, "During my surveillance of the Downworlders. From what I hear, Magnus likes to party."

"He’ll never go for it." Alec replied with certainty, "Not with Valentine trying to kill him."

"Of course he will." Jace said, "He’ll blend in. Hide in plain sight."

"I don’t know, it seems—"  Clary was cut off by Isabelle, "trust me. If Magnus is coming out of hiding, he’s going to one of the biggest parties of the year."

"Never underestimate Magnus’ hedonism." Hodge added, "Or his greed. Come with me." He activated a rune on a tile on the ground and moved the tile revealing a necklace with a red stone which was hidden under it. Hodge picked it up as Isabelle's eyes brightened at the necklace, "Is that real?"

"Of course. A four-karat, unheated Burmese ruby." Thea replied making everyone look at her. Ignoring their questioning looks, she continued, "And this necklace has special meaning to Magnus Bane as it was a gift from him to his then lover, Camille Belcourt."

"What, Camille and Magnus were lovers?" Clary asked, stunned.

Jace looked at her and said with a smirk, "Warlock gets around."

"Magnus bought it in 1857 for the price of his London townhouse." Thea added further, "Now, the jewel is enchanted by a spell that alerts the wearer to the presence of demons."

"How do you know so much?" Clary asked, getting wary of the girl again.

"I know Magnus." She said simply as Isabelle took the jewel from her and examined it, "It’s so beautiful."

"Magnus has longed to reunite with this necklace." Hodge said, "Offer it to him. He might just take the bait."

"I’ll send Magnus a fire message to arrange the meeting." Jace began to walk away, "We have to get to Magnus before Valentine does."

**

Thea went to her room and searched through her wardrobe, looking for a dress to put to leave tonight. She frowned when she found nothing. She didn't pack party clothes with her since she didn't know she'd have to go to parties or even clubs in that matter.

She then made her way to Isabelle's room where she knew she'd have clothes to lend her. She opened the girl's door and found Clary standing in front of the mirror looking badass in a black dress. Isabelle flashed Thea a smirk, "need a dress to? You've come to the right place. Come on it and close the door behind you."

Thea did as she was told. She stepped further inside Isabelle's room and watched as she went through all her clothes. She finally stopped and held out a grey dress which was short but not that revealing.

"That's the best you could find for me?" Thea asked with uncertainty in her voice. She wasn't used to wear revealing dresses, not that she had any problem with it. It just made her feel self-conscious.

"Yep," Isabelle replied, "the least revealing after that of Clary's. Now, go and try it on, love. I'll wait for you." Thea took the dress from Isabelle and went to put it on. When she was back, she showed it to Isabelle who gasped, "Alec won't be able to Keep it in his pants."

"So, I look okay?" Thea questioned, fixing the hem of the dress.

"Okay?" Isabelle and Clary repeated at the same time before sharing a look, "you look hot as hell."

"Now..." Isabelle handed her a pair of silver ankle boots, "wear this. And let me do your hair."