7

Raphael walked up some stairs in a hallway, still holding the dagger to Simon's throat. The Shadowhunters followed. "Come on, let's go! Up here now! That's right, get down there now! Get down there or I'll kill him right now!"

Raphael shot Thea a look, silently telling her to play along.

"Look, we're not gonna hurt you." Clary said, "we just want Simon."

"I'm glad you do." Raphael replied, rolling his eyes, "We don't! We wanted you."

"Well, here I am." Clary offered herself only to be pulled back by Jace, "Stop!"

"I said "wanted"." Raphael said, "not my idea. Now, get out! Go!"

"Not without Simon."

"Shut up!" Raphael hissed, "Open that door right now or I'll kill him right here."

"Listen to him." Thea said to which Alec nodded before opening the door making sunlight enter the hallway. Thea stood in front of Raphael, preventing the sunlight from reaching him. She nodded towards some pipes and Raphael rushed behind them before pushing Simon to them, "go, take him. Go!"

"I don't know how to thank you." Simon said gratefully to Raphael who rolled his eyes, Don't thank me. You mean nothing. This is about Valentine and the chaos he can bring."

"Come on!" Jace said to Simon who rushed outside. Before Jace could leave, Raphael told him, "Jace Wayland! Remember who your friends are."

"He will. He doesn't have amnesia." Thea retorted, before closing the door and faced Raphael who came back from the pipes and rushed towards her before pulling her in for a hug.

"I've missed you." Raphael muttered making Thea tightened her grip around him, "missed you too. You still smell like a dead man. Did you even shower today?"

"Ha ha, very funny." Raphael said sarcastically making Thea chuckle before breaking the hug, "take care. Try not to get yourself killed."

"Have I ever told you how much I hate you?"

"Once or twice." Thea replied before walking towards the door, "now thrice. Love you too bro."

"Did you just bro-zone me?" Raphael asked with a dramatic gasp making Thea roll her eyes, "you know what? You're right, dad. You've practically raised me."

"I hate you." Raphael said, before nodding towards the door, "bye, kid. I'll see you again definitely."

The moment Thea opened the door, she was enveloped into a hug by none other than Isabelle, "thank god you're fine."

"Why won't I be?" Thea asked breaking the hug. Alec approached them, "didn't the vampire pull you back?"

"No..." Thea muttered before letting out a chuckle, "I had to talk to him."

"Why? It's dangerous." Alec commented making Thea smile, "no. Raphael is my friend. I've know him since forever."

"Yeah except your friend kidnapped and was going to kill my best friend." Clary spoke sarcastically making Thea frown at her, "my friend was following orders and my friend was the one who got you all out safely so I don't think my friend is the enemy here."

That shut Clary up.

Alec walked up to Jace and began talking to him while Isabelle was applying lipstick and Thea was looking around.

"Alec, stop!" Jace shouted grabbing the attention of everyone. He glanced at Clary before looking back at Alec, "just, stop!"

"I'm older than you, Jace." Alec said in a cold and emotionless voice, "I'm not in your shadow." Alec's words made Thea curse Hodge.

"If you really feel that way about her..." Jace asked, "why did you help us tonight?"

Alec was silent for a while before he took off, not sparing a glance at Thea who had a frown and a knowing look on her face.