15

Maryse shook her head at Alec, "I’d rather Jace goes along this time. Alec, you stay with the Fairchild girl. I want her under control. She’s caused enough trouble already."

"Maybe that’s because I wasn’t even a Shadowhunter until a few days ago!" Clary snapped to which Maryse said, "And what an exciting few days it has been. The Clave counts on us Lightwoods to maintain order here."

"You don’t need to tell me that. If the mission is important to the Clave, I would prefer to be the one who goes with Isabelle."

Maryse scoffed at Alec's words, "you’re all so eager to do what you would prefer. It’s time to face the truth. Life is not about what you want to do, it’s about what must be done. I have given you your assignments, now carry them out."

"What about Thea? What should she do?" Clary asked, pointing to Thea making everyone look at Maryse, expecting for her to give her an order.

"Thea does what she wants." Maryse said, "from what I've heard, she doesn't take orders."  She then looked at Jace and Isabelle, "You and you, with me, now."

Thea watched Jace, Isabelle and Maryse's retreating figure as Clary said to Alec, "Well, that was a window into the weird. What did you do to piss off your mom?"

"I’d guess, for a start… all the unsanctioned missions on your behalf didn’t go over that big with the Clave." Alec replied with a cold tone before walking away, dragging Thea along with him, "we need to talk."

"Wait," Thea took her hand out from his grasp, "I'll take a shower first. I'll meet you in your room."

"Fine." Alec muttered before walking away.

**

Thea opened Alec's door and found him sitting on his bed with his brows furrowed, as if in deep thoughts. Hearing the sound of the door opening, Alec looked up and saw Thea. He patted the seat next to him on the bed and Thea walked over before sitting.

"What's up?" She asked, facing him. Alec glanced at her before sighing, "What was that?"

"What was what?"

"With my mother earlier. You told her something and her body stiffened. What did you tell her?"  Alec question as he stared at her intently. Thea cleared her throat and looked away, "well...I told her that I've heard a lot about her."

"You're lying." Alec stated making Thea roll her eyes, "I'm not."

"Yeah you are." He said seriously, "tell me the truth."

"I already told you." She stood up, "not my fault if you don't believe me."

"Really?" Alec also stood up, "so you told her that you heard a lot of things about her and she got scared? Nervous, even?"

"Seemed like it." Thea muttered with a nod. Alec sighed before taking a step towards her. She furrowed her brows as she took a step backwards. But he didn't stop. He again approached her and she backed away until her back was pressed against the door.

"I'm not lying." Thea replied, biting her lower lip nervously.

"My mother seemed like she was scared of you for a second." Alec said, looking right in her eyes, "and she never showed that emotion, like ever. What are you hiding?"

"Where? Underneath my clothes?" Thea asked with a smirk which made Alec's eyes darken slightly, "guess you'll just have to find out."

Alec then leaned foward and without giving her the chance to even say anything, he connected his lips with hers. Thea was taken aback by the kiss but she responded a while after when she was sure that her mind wasn't playing tricks with her. He placed his hand on the door as he deepened the kiss while his other hand rested on the side of her neck.  Thea wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling Alec closer as he ran his tongue across her bottom lip, asking for entrance which she willingly gave by parting her lips slightly. He slid his tongue inside her mouth and their tongues fought for dominance which neither of them could win since Thea had to part away because she was out of breath.

They rested their foreheads against each other, regulating their breathings. Alec surprised her by kissing her one more time before parting away. Thea was feeling hot, she was sure that her face was as red as a tomato and it was confirmed when Alec smirked at her.

"That was..." Thea trailed off, not able to find the right word to describe that moment of pure bliss she just experienced.

"Hot?" Alec asked, "or maybe, so fucking great that it makes you crave for more?"

"Both," she muttered, "that was my first kiss."

Alec's eyes widened slightly at the new found information. "Really?"

She nodded and he smiled, "mine too."