Chapter 16: One Year and Ten months

Chapter 16

One Year and Ten Months
<><><>

Just as she feel that she regain her consciousness, she was in a familiar sensation, a sensation that put you in question whether you're dead or alive. A feeling that she felt twice, this is the third.

With that, Merrie is convinced that she had died again. Only this time, it might be really be the last.

Just like the other experience, she can't see anything, but it's not like she can't open her eyes, it's that she don't have one. Something like this is not something new to her but still as bizarre as the last. But for once in a few months did she finally sense a physical sensation through her body, coldness.

Nothingness fill the place, suddenly, a gentle chuckle was heard. She would've thought it was creepy and it was actually the sound of death angle teasing her but, the voice were not just any voice, it was the same gentle voice that she met during her previous death.

"Welcome,"

Before she knew it, her eyes open to be greeted by a garden full of beautiful flowers. Looking at where she's standing, it was brick crossing floor lead to a fountain with crystal like water. She look around only to see an endless view of flower field without an edge.

With her mouth wide open, she look back and forth, confused to the situation. Baffled, she barely spill the words out of her mouth; "W-welcome to where? Where am I?!"

"To the 'In-between of Life and Death', I suppose." In fast pace, Merrie instantly turn as she heard the voice behind her back. Her pupils shrunk by the shock and surprise.

Surrounded by the colourful flowers, a beautiful red hair woman wear a big smile that squint her black crimson eyes, an image of perfection and a sight of a beauty that could take one's breath away. Merrie could've mistaken the woman for an angle, but that wasn't the case, and the woman's beauty also not reason for her shock. The woman was exactly the woman who gave birth to Merrie Claire de Rosalind, Duchess Zedia Wallquinn.

".." Thousands of questions floated her head, but only air came out of her mouth.

"I finally see you again with my own eyes!" Before Merrie could react Zedia's already made her way to have Merrie into her embrace, and tightly warp her arm's on her body.

" Ughf!" Merrie could actually hear the sound of her bone crack.

"Oh, I am sorry dear." Zedia finally let go.

After taking a few big breath of air, she take a good look at the other party before said; " Who are you— no... What are you??? What am I doing here? Great not, am I dead yet?"

Zedia motion her hand up, "Woah, let me just answer one at the time. Question number 1; I'm your mother and a wondering spirit. Second; I brought you here! Lastly, it's a yes and no." She scratch her neck at the last sentence with an awkward smile.

Merrie look at her with her eyes squint, "...for real?"

"First one, quiet blunt. Second and last, really confusing and unclear. To start it off, can you at least try not say that you're actually a long death mother to a girl that's never seen her mother before with no strong emotions at all?!"

While pinching her cheek Zedia said; "Mother is happy, aren't it's a strong emotion?"

Feeling something warm in her chest, Merrie only respond with a; "...Umm," she crossed her arm. After a while she continue; "Why and how did you brought me here?"

Suddenly, a chair and a table appear. "Come have a seat." She said, "I brought you here to accompany you. And how I do that is by the necklace."

"Now that's just lead me to another questions," she said after taking her seat while looking confused.