Chapter 21: Change of Course

Chapter 21:

Change of Course
<><><>

"We're here, i suppose?" Said Merrie.

With a flash smile, Deniest replied, "Yes we are my love."

Merrie have to physical stop herself from walk away right then. Like, dude, she didn't actually hide her reaction after the discussion, which says "Fuck off please." and he still didn't get the hint.

Why is she's with the boy she hate so much is because:
"I need to meet her." Merrie said.

"Oh! I just remember," Deniest said suddenly.

Merrie turn her head to him, "What?"

"You can't meet the Saintess I'm afraid. The former Duchess, your mother have a.... history. Therefore, the church won't make it possible for you to step on their door, don't even mention to meet their beloved Saintess." As he said that, he try to hide his smirk.

"What...." Merrie was in disbelief.

"How DARE they!!" Said Allen, face with thick shades of red.

"How petty could they can be?! It has nothing to do with Merrie! Further more, it shouldn't be a problem in the first place, what can a harmless child as Merrie can do?!" Even Ladia lost her cool.

Deniest take a step back when the two suddenly burst to anger, "Uhm... The...Uh... After the Saintess sudden arrival, the church earn the royal family support....."

The Rosalind family never interfere in any matter regarding religion and so they don't have any seat in the church, and so they can't pull any strings. Before, the Rosalind house is always above the church being one of the oldest and powerful house in the country, but when the Saintess suddenly intervene, the two became balanced especially when the church have the support of both the people and the royal family.

So, the only way to meet the Saintess is to ask the help from the family that have big influence in the church, that is, one of them is Deniest Dalmatel Ilend. Because of the gift "Blessed" is the blessing of the God's, it was no surprising that he became the most important figure in the church. He is their golden child.

The Rosalind family have the same thought in mind. 'That sneaky brat!' He suggested meeting the Saintess when he knew she weren't allowed to go in, clearly is because he want them to ask for his help!

"No-" Ladia wouldn't even spare a thought asking for his help, giving him what he want.

But Merrie was desperate, her pride doesn't matter at this point. "Can you help me meet the Saintess?" She quickly said before Ladia finish.

There was a little surprised on his face before he smile, "Of course. Anything for you, M'lady."

----And that's what happened. Merrie almost sigh again for the twenty four times.

She turn to the tall and prestige building with the architecture more magnificent and beautiful then she ever seen before. It was the winner in design department if compare to the Rosalind Main Mansion, and that means something.

Though this is this world version of church, it looks like a small version of fairytale castle with a big sign shaped like a heart, and while in front of the church were two statue of their god; Goddess of Light and God of Shadow.

Though the view is beautiful, it was not enough to take her mind away from her thoughts. The main reason why she's here is because of Abelline, supposably the main character of this world; a normal civilian girl from the countryside village. And the obvious question is: Why is she's here?