Chapter 25: Missing

"Where is it..." Merrie scattered through her room, and still haven't found what she was looking for.

"What are you looking for, Milady?" Asked Austin.

"The map, the ones we were studying with." Merrie said as she continue to searched inside her drawer. Her
elbow hit the lamp and it almost fell on her.

Luckily, Qwen quick to catch it. "Careful! We don't want to be blame for your injury." She said.

Merrie smile, "Thanks, Qwen." She later continue searching for the map, in her room and through the place she has been, but she couldn't find it.

She went inside her bedroom again dismissing Austin and Qwen. " Today, i forgot to talk with Lisya about Abelline, and then, i lost something that could potentially lead me to the truth." She sigh, "I'm so useless."

It was a long paused of silent.

"What is it." Said a voice.

Merrie quickly raised her head. "The talking pigeon!" She said with a surprised smile.

Merrie told the pigeon everything about the missing map. "You lost it?!" The pigeon tone was furious.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to lose it!" Merrie said apologetically.

"Oh why you...! That's it! I'm giving up on this! Nothing could be change after all!" The pigeon said as they pace back and forth.

"What couldn't be change?" Merrie tilt her head and raised her brow.

The pigeon turn their head to her and was silent for a bit before lowering their head and sigh. "Nothing. It'll eventually reveal to you anyway." "To all of us." At the sentence, their volume was so low that only they can hear.

"What's with the mysterious vibe. I don't understand." Merrie walk closer to the pigeon.

"Well. If you want to see me, you'll see me." They said before disappearing the same way again.

"Hey!" Merrie shout.

"Milady, you called?" Said Austin from behind the close door.

"No, I'm fine." Merrie said.

That night, Merrie sleep like a baby. In the white mist, Merrie could vaguely see a towering figure sitting in front of her. The distinguish aspect of the figure was the white fur, as they open their mouth and said, "Hurry while you still can." It was the same mystical voice from the day before.

Merrie didn't waste her time and just open her eyes, sweat was filling every surface of her body. "Stop with the mysterious thing, universe." Her eyes was still half awake and her voice was still crispy in exhaustion.

She have her door slightly open and see there was a few people guarding her door. She doesn't want to bother them and have them forced to escort her, she close the door and space out to the sofa.

She really miss Lisya sing for her every night before sleep. Her parents are busy doing their job. Even if she were able to ask for them to sing for her, isn't it a bit awkward?

"I teleport before right." She rose up. "I can do this."

"Ummmm how to this again?" She asked to herself.

Focus. She imagine Lisyas office, with detail. The shadow around her move and swoop her in. Next second, she was in Lisya's office. She jump in joy, "Yes! I did it!" She continues, "It's my first time doing magic in demand, it's so cool!"

To have the ability to use magic was a fantastically thing, and if she were to know what she doing Merrie definitely show them off to the world. But her parents seem too unhappy about it. From the moment she was awake, she could see that they seem to be trouble with her being blessed, and so never mentioned about it.

Merrie look around, and didn't find Lisya. It was night time, so it was understandable that she mostl likely to be sleep now.

She thought it would take her a while to find her but she quickly heard a few noises ring from somewhere. From the sound of it, was more than one people's in.

Without making a sound, she took a peak from the very corner fo the open door. Her pupils lighten up seeing it was her family all sitting in one room, there was Lisya, Liam, Mother and Father.

"What do you mean by that, Commander?" Ask Father with a frown.

"My apologies if I offend you, my Duke but it's one, if not, the only possible solution. " Lisya said firmly.

"Let's discuss this further once more before jumping into rash decision." Liam suggest.

Mother nods, "Sir Liam is correct. This is not something we should quickly judge."

'Are they having a fight?' Merrie thought.

"The young lady complained about her ear picking up noises from far away, super hearing. I tried searching it through the kingdom sacred library, i found only about that it was the side effects of the people who blessed with shadow magic." Liam was looking through the paper in her hand.

Everyone was focusing on his word. "Merrie having Light blessing is already is an unbelievable fact. Her having shadow blessing was just theory before, now it seems like the truth..." Mother said.

"But, what I'm worried for the most and why i prepared this meeting is because, she hold the original map of the Rosalind Mansion." Lisya exclaimed.

"Yes. From generation was ordered to be destroyed, there must be a hole. What is their intention to give it to Merrie, she wouldn't able to had it by coincidence." Father said as he stroke his chin.

Merrie eye's widen, 'The map!!?' It was in Lisya's hand.

"Maybe.. sending her overseas is the brightest option. My homeland might not be perfect, but it's not the most dangerous and magic is a common use, so Merrie wouldn't stand out so much as she would here." Mother said with a sad tone.

"Madam Ladia is right. Especially when this country myth about people with light and dark ability. It's important to consider that." Liam said.

".... For now, we will plan her leave after her debut." Father said.

'What? They're abandoning me?...." The door was opened, Merrie teleport away quickly.

"Umm... I thought someone was here." Liam tilt his head.