Session #1: Hello, Stranger.~

~~~~~

Fog. That's the only thing filling my head... My body feels heavy. Everything seems so unfamiliar and difficult to manage. I can't comprehend what's happening to me at this moment... What am I caught in? Why does it feel like I'm ensnared yet gradually... denying that my own actions are to blame...

My entire body feels as if it's submerged underwater... yet, I can still breathe...? Those haunting, dark thoughts only serve to thicken the fog clouding my already bewildered mind. I attempt to move, to feel anything... to wiggle a finger, to twitch my toes. Despite the persistent sensation of drowning that envelops me, I cling to the vestiges of hope that remain. As if I am clawing through the ice where my hope has been buried in... for so long... Once I feel the warmth of my hope fueling through my body again that is all I need to remember how I move my body again.

'Okay...I can...move my pinky...at least...'

Attempting to rouse my body, I realized the cold water it had grown accustomed to now felt less intense. Disregarding this newfound chill, I tried to move my head to at least sense if my neck was functioning.

Now accustomed, my tongue rolls along the roof of my mouth—a routine as familiar as waking from eight hours of sleep, like any other night. I attempt to discern the happenings of this moment.

Why... what's happening? It feels as though I've just had the longest nap in human history. When I manage to pry my eyes open, I'm dazzled by the colors of a cooler...? That would explain the chill in my body...

As my blood began to circulate, the instinct of movement returned to me. As I focused my eyes, discerning the outlines of my surroundings, I sensed... something breathing heavily against my legs.

I looked down and beheld the most adorable sight I had ever seen, surpassing even my dreams.

A corgi! ~

I've completely forgotten about the length of my nap, but it featured a Welsh Corgi

I've completely forgotten about the length of my nap, but it featured a Welsh Corgi. This vision makes me feel as if my mom is smiling at me, reminding me of her repeated wish to someday have a Corgi of her own—perhaps even two, if she could persuade dad to agree.

I am overflowing with joy as the Corgi acknowledged my gaze. It smiled with its eyes shut, breathing rapidly. As I lifted my head, the shapes resembled blobs more than anything. They reminded me of my friends... perhaps it's their way of celebrating my arrival at the largest law firm around.

"...Aw...How'd you guys...know...I wanted a Corgi and... it's not even my birthday...? ~"

I'm not sure why I sounded intoxicated; it only took that one instance to realize I should never repeat it. The sensation was so alien to me—it was as if my body was tipping forward, and my eyelids were too heavy to stay open. I braced for the sharp pain I expected upon hitting the ground... yet it was as soft as a pillow.