Session 4: No rest for the witched~

~~~~~

Nearly a month had passed since (Y/n) joined the Bebop crew, and she had settled into a routine. Bounty hunting was uncharted territory, and the fear of heights hadn't subsided, but it wasn't all bad. She had much to appreciate: a roof over her head, a bed, and regular meals. The smoking was a nuisance, yet Spike and Jet showed respect by refraining until she stepped out.

Today was just another day where Ein licked (Y/n) as a morning greeting, a sign that he was either hungry or simply fond of you. Edward and his goofy antics were always sure to make you smile. You got dressed, brushed your hair, and chose comfortable clothes to lounge in, aware that the two males didn't approve of how things were in your apartment with Page and Luna.

Edward curled up contentedly, snuggling into your stomach. It never ceased to amaze you that at only 13, she was a prodigious hacker. Considering Spike and Faye's attitudes towards her, it seems preferable to have a hacker who lacks arrogance.

"(Y/n), (Y/n). ~ Can Edward and Ein help you in the kitchen?"

She was lifted up and seated on his shoulders, accepting her and Ein's assistance as they passed through the living room. Just as (Y/n) descended the ramp, Jet entered and noticed her.

"Oh, morning' (Y/n) sleep, okay?"

"Yeah, more or least. You?"

"*Lightly groaning* Better than before. ~"

Jet began stretching his neck, likely from sleeping awkwardly the previous night. This reminded her of Page, who often had restless nights. Occasionally, (Y/n) and Luna would gently massage Page's neck or get some medicine to alleviate the discomfort. Fortunately, (Y/n) had already been to the store. In the kitchen, (Y/n) searched the shelves and spotted the neck relief medicine they had gotten on sale—five for the price of one.

Fetching a glass of water, (Y/n) gathered some ice, arranged it in a plastic bag, and wrapped it with a cloth. As Jet attempted to stretch his neck on the couch, (Y/n) made a soft noise while offering the makeshift ice pack to him.

Jet smiled in relief, expressing his gratitude to (Y/n) for understanding exactly what he needed at that moment. When (Y/n) inquired if there was anything she could prepare for him, Jet pondered the offer. He was not accustomed to being asked this, as he was usually the one cooking. Although there was still ample food from the medical ship where they had found her, Jet hesitated to impose on (Y/n)'s kindness.

How frequently does someone cook for him? It was quite pleasant; in fact, ever since (Y/n) arrived, Jet would prepare dinner if (Y/n) made breakfast. Conversely, if Jet cooked breakfast, then (Y/n) would make dinner. It provided a delightful change of pace.

".... *Sigh* honestly (Y/n) ...I'm open to anything. I'd greatly appreciate it..."

With a smile, (Y/n) led Edward and Ein into the kitchen, allowing Jet some time alone. Edward and Ein became (Y/n)'s little helpers; Edward passed (Y/n) the necessary items, while Ein sniffed out the good from the rotten. As they set aside the spoiled food, Edward inquired whether they should discard it.

"No. I'll think of something like soup with these items for dinner tonight."

Edward peered over the edge of the counter, watching (Y/n) skillfully prepare the food. Curious, she inquired, "How did you learn to cook such amazing dishes, (Y/n)?"