Chapter 7~

~ Araya James ~

~ Araya James ~

"What do you mean you're coming with me?!" I ask clearly confused. "Exactly what It means Araya, I'm not letting you go over there yourself" He says.

"Nick, this assignment only allows 2 people to work on it" I say shaking my head. "I'll just ask Ms. to let me work with yall. You know she'll say yes, she loves me" He says smiling.

He's not wrong. She'd definitely say yes.

"No Nick, I promise after we finish I'll come hang out with you ok?" I say compromising. "You promise?" He says holding up his pinky.

Ah yes the pinky promise. We used to do these all the time.

"Yea, I promise" I say locking my pinky with his. Nickolas nods his head and finally pays attention to Mrs.Garcia.

Class goes by quick and it was finally time to leave. I quickly send a text to Elie telling him that I was finna go home first.

__________________________
Dimple Boy👀😳

Elie bestie💪🏽😩
Read 2:50 pm

Yea RayRay?
Read 2:51 pm

Im gonna go home nd
shower and change first
Read 2:51 pm

Kk just text me when u ready
Read 2:52 pm
I'll come get u
Read 2:52 pm

Bet
Read 2:53 pm

____________________________

I put my airpods in and start walking home. As I was walking, I noticed a car slowly start pulling up behind me.

Not today. HELL to the damn no.

I begin walking mad fast. The car begins to speed up with me.

Sooooo, now I'm sprinting. "Leave me alone hoe!" I yell at the person driving the car. "What the fuck are you running for Raya?" Shouts the person driving.

Obviously, it was Nickolas.

I stop running and put my hands on my knees trying to catch my breath. "Why the hell would you do that?" I question tryna catch my breath. "Raya, how do you not recognize my car?! You were literally in it a while ago" Nickolas asks bewildered.

Well he aint wrong-

Buttt how he expect me to remember them details.

"You right" I say catching my breath. I walked up to his car. "What did you want Nick?" I ask looking at him through the drivers window. "I wanted to take you home, get in" He says unlocking the doors.

Free ride? Ain't gotta tell me twice.

I get into the car and tell him my address. "You still live in the same house from when we were younger?" Nick asks driving to my house. "Yea" I answer. "How's your mom doing?" Nick asks. "She's cool" I say. "She home?" He asks. All these damn questions. "Yea why?" I say raising my eyebrows.

"Nothing" Nick says arriving at my house. "Thanks for the ride" I say getting out the car. "Its all good" Nick says getting out the car as well. "Uh Nick, where you think you going?" I ask walking to my door. "I'm walking you to the door" He says locking the door. "I have legs do I not?" I say with sass. "I know" He says putting his hands in his pockets.

"You know what, you do you" I say digging in my bag for my keys. I find my keys and open the door. "Hey mom" I say walking in. "Hey Ms.James" Nick says. "Oh my gosh! Is that you Nickolas?! Come in!" My mom says excitedly. "Please ma, no" I say in a pleading tone. "Don't you talk to me like that little girl" She says raising her eyebrow.

"Yes ma'am" I say throwing my hands up. "Man I missed this" Nick says smiling like a damn idiot. "Come in, come in" She says closing the door. "So how have you been Nickolas? You better be doing good in school" She questions, pointing her finger at him.

"Yea I have been good and don't worry, I'm doing good at school" He says. "My ass" I say under my breath rolling my eyes. "What was that child?" My mom says turning to me. "Nun" I say quickly.

"Anyways, yall dating?" My mom asks looking between me and Nick with her nosy ass. "And thats my cue to leave" I say picking up all my stuff and heading upstairs. I hear Nick burst out into laughter.

Whats so funny you bleached cricket?

Anywhore.

I got all my shower stuff and headed into the shower. I turn my speaker on and start playing my Rod Wave playlist. I take a quick shower then head back into my room. I didn't hear any talking downstairs so I assume that Nick left. I apply lotion to my body, then throw a pair of black Nike pros alone with my navy blue oversized sweater on.

I'll wear oversized clothes over regular clothes any day.

I put my hair in a slick back puff and leave my edges untouched because I don't know how to do them hoes. I throw on my pair of black fluffy crocs and head downstairs. I quickly send a text message to Elie telling him that I was ready, I also sent him my address one time.

"Ma I'm going over to my friend Elie's house to finish our math assignment then I'm gonna hangout with Nick after" I say grabbing my bag along with my keys.

"Aww you're going on a date with Nick?" She says all dramatically. "Ma! Its not a date" I say defensively. "Yea whatever you say. Make sure you have fun" My mom says winking at me.

"Ew mom" I yell. My mom just laughs and waves at me to go. And just in time, Elie texts me saying that he was outside.

 And just in time, Elie texts me saying that he was outside