Chapter 10~

~ Araya James ~

~ Araya James ~

"So you're telling me that you prefer Peter over John Ambrose" Nickolas says looking at me as if I was crazy. We had just finished watching the second part to All The Boys I've Loved Before. "Yes, I don't care Peter is fine" I say. Don't get me wrong, if I found out that my man wasn't actually waiting for me that night, I'd definitely be upset too.

"You wanna come over? It's getting kinda late" Nick says. "Boy-"

"I didn't mean it like that, I meant that we should have a sleepover like how we used to" He says clarifying what he meant. "Alright, let me ask my mom" I say pulling out my phone.

"Ma" I say as she answers the phone. "What" She answers. "Can I sleep over at Nick's house?" I say silently praying that she says no. "Sure" She says.

How could she-

"Put Nickolas on the phone Ray" She says. I hand my phone over to Nickolas. I am 99.9% sure that she's gonna give him a lecture. "Hey Mrs.James..Yes Mrs.James...Yes I'll make sure that she gets to school on time...Alright...Goodnight" And with that, he hangs up my phone. "What did she say to you?" I ask feeling a bit nervous.

"Just that if I try anything with you she'd beat my ass, and to make sure you get to school on time" Nickolas explains. "I'm still on the fact that she said yes, usually she always says no" I say.

My own mother betrayed me.

"She said yes because we used to have sleepovers at my place all the time" Nickolas says while closing the laptop. "True" I say. "You wanna head to my place now? We can watch the last part of the movie on my Tv" Nickolas suggests. "Yea whatever" I say. "Is your mom home?" I ask excitedly.

Me and his mom were really close. She was literally like a second mother to me. "Why do you sound more happy to see my mom, more then spending the night with me?" Nickolas says trying to sound offended.

"Because I am" I say getting up. "Wow" Nickolas says putting his hand over his chest for dramatic effect. "I'm gonna call her real quick to let her know that you're coming, here start the car" He says handing me his car keys. After he gave me the keys, he pulled out his phone from his pocket to call his mom.

I unlock the drivers door and start up the car. 10 minutes later Nickolas comes back and sits in the passenger seat. "You wanna drive to my place?" He asks me. "For real?" I ask starting to get excited.

I had my license, I just didn't have a car. I mean my mom did offer to buy me a car, but I just told her no because she's already done a lot for me.