Chapter 16 - Infiltration

The limo pulled up outside Avenger Tower as a valet opened the door for us as Tiffany stepped out first quickly followed by Leo and I. Adjusting my suit scanning over security and cameras as I handed the security guard my ticket and id. I was quickly waved through the checkpoint. The lobby was crowded with people in fancy outfits weighed down with priceless jewelry and heavy wallets. It was a thievies paradise and it was taking all my willpower not to start lifting wallets.

Tiff arm slipped into mine whispering reassuringly in my ear "Be good Maxxie don't want any security getting on edge when people's stuff starts missing. Remember tonight you aren't Max Carter wanted thief, you are Oliver Maxwell rich playboy with way too much money."

"Tiff's right 'Oliver' for one night only we are going legit" you could practically hear the smirk in Leo's voice "Head in the game eyes on the prize baby!"

Tiffany split from my side to find us some drinks as I checked her coat. Music was pumping throughout the building as people danced and drank. Tiff reappeared with two drinks passing me a whiskey sipping on her own martini "So what are we looking at?"

I smiled charmingly, setting my drink down "Dance with me Tiffany."

The woman smiled, handing off her martini to a staff member before taking my hand and letting me guide her to the dance floor. Giving her a little swirl before she wrapped her arms around my neck as we danced. Tiff rested her head on my chest to better hear me over the music "Security at every exit and civilian government agents mixed into the crowd most likely SHIELD." I whispered quietly into her ear "Leo is drinking himself silly at the bar. The Avengers all scattered throughout the room; the only ones unaccounted for are Stark and the Assest." Just thinking about him made my heart beat pick up pounding so loudly I could swear everyone heard it. Leo scoffed through the coms as I spotted him sipping his beer from where we danced.

Tiff giggled, staying in character as she twirled, spinning back into my arms ''And the camera's?" Her teasing was just like old times. Tiffany was one to test your instincts at every corner. Catching men and women's eyes with her gorgeous curves and angelic voice she could steal your clothes and be gone before you even noticed. But Tiff's heart belonged to Leo and no one else would ever compare to that love.

I laughed quietly as my eyes raked over the camera's in the room "Blindspots in the far corners directly under the cameras. That backdoor I created into Stark's system a few days ago is as we speak my baby is worming its way through his security."

"Hey!" Leo's voice rang through the ear piece "Hey look sharp Stark's just walked in. Be careful Maxxie we will see you on the other side"

The music faded away as the man of the hour Tony Stark walked threw the door. Everyone stopped talking as Stark was handed a mic. Tiffany's hand left my arm as she left to meet up with Leo. Everything was falling into place.

"Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the party!..." Stark didn't make it further than that when Leo with a roar punched the man beside him. It really helped sell the bit when the man had been eyeing Tiffany like a hungry lion well we danced. The Avengers rushed to the man's rescue and struggled to pull Leo off.

"Don't touch him!" I nearly failed to keep a straight face as the flurry of blonde curls flew as Tiff jumped on Steve Rogers when he tried to pull Leo off Stark. I silently wished the Avengers luck Leo and Tiff were from the streets. They are both very formidable fighters.

The crowd gasped surging forward as Leo kept punching the slobbery perv. A couple of the pervs' friends joined in the fight as people started taping. Whipping out my phone I quickly activated the virus that looped the video feed mapping out a route to my shit.

Well everyone was distracted by the large russian beating the crap out of the puny heroes. Quickly slipping out of the party I ran through the deserted compound tracking my bag. I didn't have to worry about security. Everyone would be trying to break up the fight at the party.

Running up the stairs two at a time I reached the floor where the tracker was. The place was a lab, machines and tubes of weird liquid cluttered the area. Wanting to get this over with quickly I scanned the room until my eyes fell on a familiar black bag. Gotcha!

The contents of the bag where all intact except my phone which was plugged into a computer. Scanning through the lines of commands of the screen I watched as Stark's AI tried to hack unsuccessfully through my firewalls. Quickly pulling out the flashdrive I inserted it into the side of the computer typing in commands as my newest child began to surfer through Stark's data copying and deleting any records of Max Carter and Project Mercury. I had unleashed a similar program into the SHIELD servers after I realized Stark had made copies. The data would help me figure out what Hydra had done to me and who I had been before them. The computer beeped completed as I recovered the flash drive and my phone throwing everything in the backpack.

I tapped the coms activating the tiny device as the sounds of yelling came over the speaker "Guys I got the stuff heading out now." Strapping on the backpack I slipped threw the doors of the lab into the stairway.

The sounds of voices coming up the stairs drew my attention down. Shit! Several security guards sweeping the floors below my heading up. My escape route was cut off, the only way out was up.

*Don't forget to drop a comment*