Escape to the New Year

A/N: today's chapter inspired by -pyrotechnicalities 's Illusions and Lies

Screw you leo

-Em

***

"WE SHOULD GO TO AN ESCAPE ROOM!" Roy screamed.

"...We should also have an introduction," Marth noted.

"Who cares," Roy shrugged. "We should go to an escape room, it'd be fun."

"So Zelda, Claude, and I can do all the work for you?" Robin said, clearly annoyed.

The group sat in the sunroom, each enjoying a nice cup of hot chocolate on this snowless winter day. Not like there'd been any snow. Yet. Christmas was nice, boring, but nice. There wasn't much excitement to be had as of late, with that pandemic that didn't affect them in any way at all. Now it was New Years Eve. How. How the hell is it already the end of the year. That doesn't make any sense, January was three months ago. Absolute nonsense.

"Well not all the work! But most of it, yes," Roy smiled.

"Yeah how about no," Claude smiled sarcastically.

"I think it'll be fun!" Lucina said. She glanced at Dimitri, blushing. "It'd be a nice time to bond with each other."

"You act as if we don't tell each other dick and fart jokes 24/7," Palutena snickered.

"Shut up."

"Zel? You doing okay?" Link asked, noticing how dreadful she looked.

"Yeah, just... side effects... I think," she groaned slightly.

"Side effects from what?"

"I don't know. Anyway, I don't think it's a horrible idea."

"Count me out," Sheik said.

"Same," Samus agreed.

"You are so boring," Roy groaned, making the two glare at him. "Anyway, so we're going right?

"Doesn't look like there's much of a choice," Peach sighed.

"I think my throat is a little sore- can I stay?" Ike said, letting out the most obviously fake cough ever. The look he got from the others was confirmation enough that no, he would not stay. Dammit.

"What's an escape room?" Pit asked.

"You'll see," Shulk said.

***
quick a/n: I've never been to an escape room so I'm borrowing a game grumps episode for reference since unnus annus is... well... dead so I can't reference theirs

Enjoy
***

Immediately, the vibes inside the room were horrible. It was dark, messy, and just to make matters worse, it looked like a doctors office. Oh and there was blood coming out from underneath the door. The gang looked horrified as they gazed into the room. Maybe an escape room wasn't a good idea after all. Much less when it's 11:30 at night. What made Roy think this was a good idea, he didn't know. Honestly, he wasn't even expecting for there to be any escape rooms open, yet here they are. About to possibly step into their deaths. Fun.

"You are new recruits tasked with investigating the office of a doctor, where many patients come in, but don't come out. Your task is to find out what's happened to those patients and leave, all before the doctor comes back," said the owner of the place.

"If we don't make it out in time, will we die?" Roy asked.

The owner shrugged. "Guess you'll find out in thirty minutes." They then pushed each one of them into the room and shut the door behind them, locking it. Everyone looked at each other, then back at the door, then Ike and Marth turned on the flashlights in their hands.