A Very Special Day

Peach paced back and forth, a finger up to her chin. The others looked on from the couch as she took three steps forward, turned around, and repeat. She'd been like this for about an hour, without saying anything, and seemed to have no plans of stopping any time soon. Good thing Zelda and Sheik had already left to go to Hyrule, otherwise their plan might be ruined. What plan? They didn't know either, but there was going to be one, as soon as Peach stopped walking around aimlessly. 

Finally, she stopped on her second step, earning the attention from the rest of the house at the sudden breaking of her pattern. Then, with eyes wide and full of determination, she said, "Strawberry shortcake!" 

"Zelda doesn't like a lot of whipped cream in her cake," Marth noted. "Or stuff that's too sweet, for that matter."

"Goddamnit, I forgot," Peach groaned. "I'm assuming Sheik doesn't like sweet stuff in general either."

"Actually, he's got quite the sweet tooth," Link said.

"...Really?"

"Doesn't look like it, right? For him, the sweeter, the better. Also, he hates tangy stuff."

"So that rules out cheesecake, too. Ugh, are those two really just the polar opposites of each other? They're twins, shouldn't they be like practically the same person?!"

"That's a very harmful stereotype, Peach," Palutena shook her head with disappointment, which made Peach roll her eyes. "Still... it is wild to think that those two came out of the same womb, at almost the same time, yet they have nothing in common."

"Other than the untreated anger issues," Roy pointed out.

"True, so, what do we do?" Palutena asked.

"We could make two cakes," Lucina suggested.

"That's a waste of supplies though..."

"This house is full of rich people, myself included, I think we can afford enough ingredients for two cakes."

"True, true, so, a cheesecake for Zelda and a strawberry shortcake for Sheik?"

"Um, guys, not to ruin the fun or anything," Samus interrupted, drawing everyone's attention to her, "But, don't you think they'll serve cakes at the castle, you know, where the party is being held? Where there's probably a shit ton of chefs that have probably already made the cake, or cakes?"

The others stayed silent. "Oh," Peach said. "I forgot, again." Zelda and Sheik's birthday was tomorrow, and they had been planning on giving them a group gift by working on a cake together, but they had completely ignored the fact that they were literal royalty with a huge party being thrown for them and with several chefs at their command. Perhaps this was for the better, though, with how complicated those two are, there was little this group of idiots could do to satisfy them both. Still, not giving them anything just felt...wrong.

"Maybe we could give them some hair accessories, both of them do treasure their hair a lot," Yuri suggested.

"I have a feeling that they already have every accessory known to mankind," Marth said. "How about some weapons?"

"Sheik might like that, Zelda... not so much. She's a nerd," Link said.

"Hey! But... you're also not completely wrong," Ike hummed. "You guys could get her a couple history books. I, on the other hand, already have a present planned for her, I just need to get something for Sheik."

"Let me guess, you're gonna propose?" Samus smirked, her voice oozing with sarcasm. Ike didn't respond. Her smirk dropped and her body tensed up. "Wait... seriously?"