Level 3

They wandered down dimly lit halls, past stone walls covered in stains and mould.
Fay refused to believe that walls like these could be part of such a magnificent Pizzaplex.

"Where are we exactly?" She asked.

"These are the Utility Tunnels! They connect all the attractions at the Pizzaplex. Fazerblast, Monty Golf, Roxy Raceway - they're all accessible to staff with high enough clearance! Guests aren't normally allowed down here, but your situation is-..." Sundrop hesitated, "..well, special."

Fay turned, and through a metal wire gate, clean up staff bots were all standing around the decapitated head of one of their own.
Panicking silently, she turned and guided Sundrop up more stone stairs away from the bots.

There was a bright blue flashing from above Fay, and she looked up at it. Another of the five segments faded, and the whole light turned red.

Lights out!

A red message flashed above.

"Oh dear.." Sundrop murmured.

Without warning, Fay was shot out of his stomach and crashed down onto the floor.

"Oh dear oh dear oh dear!!" Sun stumbled back, completely oblivious as Fay recoiled in pain.

"What's wrong? Afraid of the dark?" She sat up and joked, trying to ease the situation.

"Sunshine, listen..." Sundrop backed away, his voice becoming scratchy and almost aggressive.
"I need you to go. I promise to find you as soon as the lights go back on..!"

As he spoke, the lights flickered, first gently, and then violently, as though they were fighting to stay alight.

"You need to go. Continue on without me!"

"What? Sunny, what's going on?!" Fay stood up slowly and edged towards her friend.

"Go, please! I believe in you Sunshine!" He shook his head and pushed her back.
"Stay safe!"

Before she could say another word, Sundrop turned and fled down the hall. He took a corner and was out of sight.

The lights snapped out, and Fay stood confused and alone in the dark.

Then came a noise that could make ears bleed.

Screams and shrieks of pain, scratching of metal on concrete wall, gears clanking impetuously.

Tears formed in the corners of Fay's eyes as she covered her ears and backed away.
Despite trying to block it out, she could hear Sundrop's screeching and wailing perfectly clear.
The cries grew louder and louder, and seemed to be attacking her ears from every possible angle.
She bit her tongue to prevent yelling back at the noise, should any dangerous animatronics be on their way.

Just as quickly as they had started, the terrible noises were silenced.
Fay uncovered her ears slowly should the noise start again, and wondered whether to stay put, do as she was told and leave or go after the source of such sounds.
The sounds were those of an animatronic being torn apart, and she decided she didn't want to risk seeing Sunny in pieces, for him, and for her own sake.

She took off down the hallway towards where the sound had come from, and the only noises now were her own breathing, her hurried footsteps, and cans of Fizzyfaz occasionally crunching underfoot.

She stopped before a wall and turned down the same corner Sunny had, only to stop dead in her tracks.

No one was there.
In fact, there was no indication anyone had ever been here.

"Sundrop?" She called out.

Her own voice echoed off the walls in response.
"Sun?!" She cried.

Again, no reply.

'He'll come back...' she assured herself, and hesitantly made her way back towards the stairs.

She crept up the stairs and back past the clean up bots, desperately hoping Sundrop would present himself again soon.
She didn't know how long she could last by herself, and didn't want to find out the hard way.

When her vision adjusted, Fay decided to start moving around quicker.
Her heartbeat thumped rhythmically to her footsteps, and she wouldn't have been able to tell, had she cared, which was louder.

She came to a softly lit area, and stopped.
She planned to find a safe hiding place where she could camp out until Sundrop or the morning found her.
She settled down with a stained old pizza box as a blanket, and just as she was about to take a sigh of relief...

-BANG!-

Monty burst through the gate and turned directly to Fay with furious narrowed eyes.
She jumped onto her feet in shock and scrambled away down the hall.
Monty followed, his speed exceeding effortlessly.
Fay turned corners and dodged boxes, yet nothing seemed to shake the Gator. He came teaming behind her, getting faster and faster, while her speed was almost reaching it's peak.

She was leading Montgomery in circles, over a box, under a box, round a bend, nothing would get rid of him.
She looked around desperately for an escape, and as if by magic, a set of red escape doors stood firm to her left.
She ran in zigzags to confuse the alligator animatronic, a hack that she'd learned could distract crocodiles in school, and crashed through the doors as he tried to follow.
Fay piled up boxes and crates in front of the door, hoping it would hold long enough for Sunny to get to her.

She turned, and came into direct eye contact with a beady blue eyed chicken animatronic.
Chica stared at her as a banana peel dropped from her beak. She was slumped over a bin, and had been guzzling garbage like she'd never ate.

"Uh oh." Fay sounded.
Chica leapt up and charged at her, and Fay was on the run yet again. She had been sure the animatronics weren't made to harm children, they were performers. Why did they all seem so violent?
Was it perhaps because they had no record of her? Was she seen as an intruder?

Chica's posture was terrible, and she hobbled behind Fay while slumped over with her mouth half open.
Bright pink lipstick was smothered over her beak and her eyes were shadowed by black makeup, as though Fay was being chased down by a drunken pop star.

In her haste, Fay hadn't realized that she'd been leading herself to a dead end.
Chica stumbled towards her, giggling ominously, and she gave ground until her backside pressed up against the wall.
A gust of putrid warm breath blew over Fay, making her wrinkle her nose in disgust as Glamrock Chica drew nearer.

Fay snapped her eyes shut and held her breath, ready to be struck down and attacked, and just as Chica gathered herself to pounce, a pair of cold metal hands clutched Fay's shoulders and yanked her up towards the ceiling...