Level 4

The metal hands clung to Fay, squeezing her shoulders so tight she feared they might crush them.
She gazed up into the eyes of her savior, but through the musty darkness all she could spot two dots that glowed red.
"Sunny?" She asked hopefully.

The figure pulled her up closer, and she drew in a small breath as it came fully into view.
It's face was half white moon and half black, the two glowing dots had been peering eyes.
It held her, taking raspy breaths as she examined the night hat it was wearing. The hat had yellow stars built on, and was actually quite a charming addition to the new character.

"Thank you so so much for saving me! You came just in time. I'm looking for my friend Sundrop, an-" Fay began to ramble to the robot, and was quickly cut off.

"Naughty girl." The moon bot uttered, and she stopped.

"Pardon?"

"Naughty children deserve punishment." He said, the smile built on his face making it even more sinister.

"Oh for the love of- look, I'm not a bad guy, I just want to find my friend Sunny so I can get out of here before morn-" she was cut off yet again when Moon released a hand from her shoulder and slashed his metal claws across her face.

She gasped, then clutched the bleeding scar as her cheeks heated. She dared not make a sound, she couldn't possibly fend off more than one animatronic on her own.

She could've understood if they saw threat in an adult lurking after hours, but she was merely a little girl.
And she just wanted her family back.

The animatronic's head rotated to his claws, and he stared at the red mess painted onto his hand.
Fay stared too, silent, tears forming again as she tried to push down the pain.

"It's past your bedtime." The robot spoke again.
Fay refused to make eye contact with the beast or reply, for fear of the lump in her throat escaping and releasing her tears.

She had to think quickly, and carried out the first action that came to mind.
She looked the Moon animatronic directly in the eye before wrapping her arms around him and pulling herself in tight.

The animatronic recoiled, and attempted to pry her off. "Naughty children deserve punishment!" He spoke angrily, tugging at her to try and free himself.

He began clawing violently at her back, scowling and growling as he did so, but Fay withstood it.

She knew this animatronic in particular recognized her as a child, and figured once he realized the immense pain he'd put her in, he may stop.
Contrary to Fay's little plan, the robot scratched and scratched until she could no longer bear it.

She pulled away, and let out a loud childish sob.
The robot held her a lengthy distance away as she cried and wailed, dangling upside down in almost complete darkness.

She sniffled and attempted to calm her tears, but she'd lost control of them completely.
Fay cried like an undead baby, her cheeks hot, her throat sore and swelling up, and she could feel herself developing a pounding headache as she remembered she wasn't right side up, and all the blood had rushed from her feet at once.

As if humanly panicking, the Moon animatronic pulled Fay back in and cradled her awkwardly, holding a hand across her body so she wouldn't fall to the floor and hushing her with as little violence in his tone as he could manage. "Shhh.. Moondrop's here. Shhh."
Despite his efforts, she wept in his arms, one of her tears trickled down onto his metal.
The tear travelled down into one of his joints and he jolted.
Moondrop glitched and twitched uncomfortably in place, almost letting Fay go completely as she watched in horror.

It was like watching springlocks activate, as electric volts surged through all of his body.
Fay recalled springlocks being described to her as a thousand clips pinching to your skin while metal clamps down into your body and rips you apart from the inside out.
It had been told to her as a slow and painful death, and one that could leave bodies physically unrecognisable.

Moondrop roared out in agony as the final bolt zapped through him, and suddenly, he was silent and still.
His grip loosened on Fay, just enough to keep hold of her, and she gazed up at him with sorrowful, puffy eyes.

And a big bleeding scar.

Moon's glowing red eyes faded to a dull, lifeless grey, and Fay felt alone. Again.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Spots of blood patted onto the floor below as Fay's eyes stayed glued on Moondrop.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

Moon's eyes flickered for a moment, then relit slowly. First the burning angry red, which changed into a soft, warm blue.
The colours in his eyes fought like siblings for a moment before settling on blue, and he groaned before peering down at Fay.

"Are you alright?! What the heck was that!?" She almost yelled.

"It's past your bedtime, kid." He ignored her concern, speaking this time with a raspy but much calmer tone. "Are you alright?"

Fay lifted a hand to her cheek and dabbed her finger at the slow stream of red, then nodded. "I'm fine. It's going numb."

"Did I do that?" He asked as though he was unaware of his own ability.

"Uhh.. Moondrop, was it?" She asked, changing the subject to prevent him from worrying.

Gears creaked as Moondrop nodded slowly, and Fay gave a lop-sided smile.
The left half of her face was stained reddish-brown and almost completely limp.

"And you are?" He responded, brushing his metal thumb against her cheek and wiping away some blood.

Before she could answer, Chica and Monty below began clawing and scratching at the walls in attempt to reach herself and Moon.

"No time for that, I need to find somewhere safe to hide until Sundrop comes back."

Moon thought for a moment.
"Hang on tight."

Fay clung onto Moondrop with one arm and clutched her wound across her face with the other hand.

Moon leapt off and caught onto a chord dangling from the ceiling, then swooped over to a dangling light and bounded off from that to a loose ceiling tile.
As Moondrop skillfully maneuvered his way across the ceiling, Fay watched the monsters trailing behind.

She didn't know where Sunny was or why he'd left.

She just hoped this new ally wouldn't deceive her.