Level 8

{ QUICK A/N!!! I got put off this story a little bit after people were adding Fay and Sunny to "X Reader" because that's disgusting, but I know that a lot of people really enjoy this story and I'm going to try my best to continue at along with the mid-year tests going on at school!! Also, how would you guys feel if I started writing one shots? If it's smut or lemon I'm obviously going to do age appropriate Y/N's, but if there's something you would want to read about, perhaps with Fay interacting with her brother Gregory or meeting William Afton for example, then I'd be happy to write something of the sort!!
I'll also take suggestions for __ X Reader one shots, so tell me who you'd want to see with that and if you'd like it to be fluffy or... not. -MONTY SIMPS I FUCKING SEE YOU.-

anyways, enjoy the chapter!<3}

{ ALSO, SPOILERS FOR THE OFFICIAL INTO THE PIT NOVEL!!!}

Fay followed behind Sundrop as he led her to the daycare, turning her back and sticking closer to his leg every so often with the subconscious fear that she was being followed.

She was guided down that familiar hallway until the two of them stood before the huge double doors.

"Ready, Sunshine?" Sundrop asked, giving her hand a comforting little squeeze.

She examined the bandages on her arm and the little Sunny plaster, then turned her gaze to the door.

Her eyes traced the patterns of the oak wood for a few silent minutes.

Despite her injuries, Fay still found herself searching for signs that she might be dreaming.
Lucid dreaming?

If this were a dream, it would be an extremely vivid one. A nightmare.

She nodded eventually, and the bells on Sun's wrist jingled merrily, (but a hushed chime as if they were conscious of the situation) as he reached out for the golden handle.

The door clicked open and revealed the children's paradise yet again, complimented by the bubbly background theme tune.

The friendliness was almost tangible - the play centre scented like sweet vanilla or honey.

Without thinking, Fay was drawn inside, releasing herself from Sundrop's gentle grip and excitedly chased some imaginary being into the play structures, giggling like a toddler.

"Eh- be careful Sunshine!" Sun called anxiously in the distance as she disappeared heedlessly.

After running, dodging past the creepy clown punching bags that hung from the ceiling and climbing up squishy stairs, Fay came to what had always been her favourite part of play centres.

Ball pits.

She dove in head first, as she always did, and counted to 100.
It was silly, but some childish fraction of her brain told her that she might emerge to a 1980's Diner, like the main character Oswald in one of her favourite fantasy books - Into The Pit.

She counted eagerly, her whole body submerged, buried in plastic orbs.
Fay's back pressed against the floor, and she cupped her hands over her mouth to avoid swallowing a ball.

"..98..99...100!"
Plastic orbs parted as her head popped up out of the pit.

She looked around, and her shoulders sunk with anti-climax as she realized she was still laying in the present day Superstar's Daycare ball bit.

Fay fought her way past plastic orbs and threw herself out of the pit, summersaulting right to the edge of a rope net.

She clambered her way up the net, the rope bending beneath her weight, and hoisted herself up onto a soft mat.

She picked herself up and tried to find a little crawlspace with see-through plastic which she could sit in and wave hi to Sunny, when suddenly her vision began to falter again.

Fay groaned and dropped to her knees, rubbing her palm up and down the centre of her forehead, which was now throbbing in pain.

"Sunny?" she called out weakly.
She crawled around like a poor-sighted old woman fumbling for her glasses, trying to find a net or soft wall to grab onto to prop her up.

Then came a horrible sound.
Not like the screeching that she had previously endured, but a pounding TV static.

A buzzing, whirring through her head as though thousands of electrical cables were stinging at her brain. 
Fay winced, clutching the bridge of her nose with her left and and rubbing her right temple with the other.

Anything  to make the incessant pounding stop.

To no avail, Fay lay in a curled ball in one of the high corners of a play structure, swallowed by pain too much to even cry. 

She opened her eyes for a moment, blinking a few times.
The light immediately attacked her vision, and Fay's vision reddened.

Perhaps Fay was suffering a Sensory Overload, or it could be that her eyes were reddening from crying.
This had never effected her vision in such a way before though.

Whatever she was undergoing, Fay was too agonized to think.

Then all at once, it stopped.
Her vision returned to normal and the throbbing pain slipped away, as though it was trailing in the wake of some evil force that had tormented and abruptly deserted Fay.

She found her feet and took herself to the crawl space she had set out to find minutes earlier.

The glass was slightly clouded, scratched at in places, and even slightly sticky with fingerprints from the grubby hands of previous children visitors.
Nonetheless, Fay climbed inside and pressed her face not-too-close to the glass, scanning the area below in search of Sundrop.

He wasn't there.

In any incidence this would've been a cause for a concern, a screaming red DANGER sign, but Fay thought little of it.

Little, that was, until her eyes fell upon the Daycare Reception Desk.
There was really nothing too eye catching - a paralyzed Slush-Puppy machine with a couple dull colours of flavour, a shut-off computer or two, accompanied by mousepads with art that was just too distant to make out, what seemed to be a large red lever behind the counter, and the nice rabbit lady from before.

It seemed to be looking directly back at Fay, giving her a characteristic flamboyant wave before wrapping a white paw around the lever and yanking it down with one inhumanly strong tug. 
The lever fell at Vanny's mercy, and immediately the room echoed with the sounds of power shutting down, like millions of tired whirs finally coming to a rest; like a runner taking a sigh of relief after crossing the finish line first.

After that, the room fell deadly silent for a moment.
Only a quick moment, but as Fay stared curiously into the glowing red eyes on Vanny's mask, it felt like an eternity.

She watched as the rabbit waved again, and then it disappeared into the blackness as the lights went out.