Level 7

"I need to get you somewhere safe.." Sundrop murmured, more instructing himself than actually talking to Fay.

Fay thought for a moment.
"What about the place I found y-"

"The daycare!" He interrupted.

Fay held her breath, considering whether to tell him that she was in the midst of giving the exact same suggestion.
She swallowed the breath, deciding no.

"Have you seen a magnet anywhere around, Sunshine?" Sun peered down at her.

"A what? Where in the world would we find a magnet?"

"The gift shop of course!!"

She hesitated.
"This place has like- a hundred attractions. Which gift shop?"

"Just trust me!" Sundrop carried her over to a large room with flashy neon lights on the walls, and shelves bulging with plushies, notebooks and hoodies, mugs and all sorts of merchandise.

He propped Fay up on the checkout counter and rushed over to a section filled to the brim with magnets.
Some of the magnets seemed a little dusty from Sundrop's point of view.

Guess some people just don't like buying magnets.

He reached for one, and as he did, about three magnets suctioned up to his metal fingertips and attached firmly to his hand.

He waved his arm about, trying to get them off.

"Fffaaaayyyyy!" He called out when all attempts were unsuccessful.

"Coming, coming." Fay dropped down from the counter and made her way over to Sun, who was now in a mad panic trying to detach the magnets.

"Keep still!" She reached up and took Sun's hand.

She inspected the magnet, then gripped it and gave a sharp tug.

No use.

Another tug.

They wouldn't budge.

Another!!

Eventually, puffing from all the effort, Fay leant herself back and put all her body weight through to the magnet.
With a final strong yank, she pried the magnet off Sundrop's hand and toppled backwards.

Before she could hit her head on the shelves, Sunny grabbed her and helped her adjust balance.

She thanked him and decided to walk herself around the shop, in case she may want to beg Sundrop to buy her a trinket.
She managed to creep past Sunny and slip behind the checkout counter, knowing that sometimes the most awesome gifts hide away down there.

She shuffled through a couple of things; A 'Super Star' t-shirt, a notebook or two, mega giant plushies and tiny keychain plushies, until her hand took hold of a book. It was heavy - not like any notebook she'd gotten hold of. She dragged it out from the very back of the bottom compartment and examined it carefully, tracing the words on the front cover with her fingers to rid the golden letters of dust.

Hurricane, Utah.
A dark history.

Something in Fay's stomach twisted as she read this.

'Hurricane?!.' She read the five words over and over, gradually murmuring them out loud, over and over.

"Sunshine?" Sun called to her.

She couldn't muster any different words, just the same.
"Hurricane, Utah. A dark history. Hurricane, Utah! A dark history?!"

The re-reads became more frantic as she tried to comprehend what she was was reading.

"We're in Utah?!" She shrieked at last.

Sundrop picked her up and cradled her, lavishing her in his positive energy.
"Yup!"

"I'm from New York!!" Fay wailed.

"What're you doing all the way out here Sunshine?." He replied, the tone of his voice corresponding to her own panic.

"It was meant to be a day trip!!" She cried.

Fay's breathing quickly grew heavier and much more intense.
Her throat swelled up and her airways tightened, frantic short breaths slipping down them.
She whimpered slightly whilst trying to calm herself, panting and shaking violently.

Sun noticed this unusualness almost instantly and pulled her close.

"Hey- Sunshine-?!" He tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, which had had strayed from her main group of curls.

He rubbed her back therapeutically, while desperately trying to calm her.

Fay sniffled, sobbing her way through a stifled sentence.
"I- ....ouldn't ....here"

"Shhh, it's alright Angel!" Sundrop cupped her cheek with a cold metal hand, careful to avoid contact with her tears. "You're here with me. I promised to protect you, didn't I?" he smiled down at her.

Despite the comfort of this promise, she flinched away from his hand and pushed it back.
"Have you ever been left behind?!"

The permanent smile plastered across Sundrop's face seemed to almost droop slightly.
He set Fay down and sat himself before her.

"Does it count when children who promised to always be your friend never come back?" He asked under his breath.

They stared at one another in an uncomfortably long silence.

"Well," Fay took a big sigh, "I'm sorry that happened, Sunny. Humans are mean. Some don't stay. Your old friend was probably taken home."

She dried her tears on the sleeve of her shirt and wiped a hand across her puffy red cheeks.

Sunny remained silent in front of her, as if waiting for more answers.
But Fay, of course, was a child herself, so she hadn't much more to give.

"Let's go to the daycare." He said at last, trying to perk himself up.

Fay smiled slightly and nodded, and they made their way hand in hand to the Convenience Counter to get a Daycare Ticket.

In the distance, Fay made out some sort of club-like music.

Eh, probably just the horrors of the night getting to her head.

{ BOO! CAN YOU GUYS GIVE ME MORE IDEAS? :)) I'M SO THANKFUL THAT ALL OF YOU DECIDED TO STAY ALONG THE STORY, ILY ALL SO MUCH :DD <33 }