Level 9

Fay shuffled around the play structure, feeling her way around the nets and objects in the dark.

"Sunny?." She whimpered.
She felt engulfed in darkness; entirely alone. She couldn't feel Sundrop's presence.
Had the dark consumed him?!

"Sunny!" Her voice cracked with worry.

Fay heard a low rumble from behind, and turned quickly.
Nothing.

Was the dark playing tricks on her?!
More importantly, was Sunny okay?

"Silly girl..."
A raspy voice churned, and Fay jumped.
"It's past your bedtime."

"I don't know what time it is.." she mumbled in reply.

At that moment, a huge pair of glowing red eyes peered through the nets.
They illuminated the half-and-half face of Moondrop with an evil red glow as he drew nearer.

"Go to sleep..." he churned.

"Moondrop?!" Fay perked up, nervous excitement overtaking her.

"Go. To. Sleep!!"

Thrash!

He tore through the net with a dramatic swipe of his claws and crawled towards Fay.

She backed away with a gulp.
"Moondrop?..."

He growled, swinging his arm out at her and Fay leapt back and gulped, then scrambled down the soft play stairs.

She began sprinting down the maze of bright colors and optical illusions, a seemingly endless void of tricks and twists and loops.

Moon chased behind her like a dog after meat, occasionally taking different tunnels and jumping out at Fay, cutting off her path.

The animatronic knew the structures better than she ever would - there was no escape.

She dashed through a plastic tunnel and dove back through the ball pit, trying everything possible to shake away Moondrop.

"HELP!!!!" She shrieked.

Moondrop clawed out at her, and Fay kicked out at him.
"LEAVE ME ALONE!!"

Suddenly, Moon was stuck back by an invisible force.

Without stopping to see what was holding him back, Fay dashed out of the play structure and tripped over something hard before she could get out.

A box?

There were wires connected to it, all leading to some unknown source, and a lever sticking out of it.

Fay cautiously wrapped her hands around the lever, and tugged at it with all the strength she could muster.

The lever was pulled surprisingly easy, and Fay fell back.

There was a loud whirring sound, and the lights flickered on for a mere moment.

The clashing metal of Moon fighting the invisible force immediately stopped, and Fay rushed out of the play structure and ducked behind the counter.

After a few good minutes of Moon's horrible growling, and the lights fizzling on and off, they eventually all turned on at once.

Confused, Fay stepped out from behind the desk, and crawled forward.

"Hello?" She murmured.

Before she could blink, Sundrop stomped over to her and yanked her up off the ground by the back of her shirt.

"You broke the rules, Sunshine!!" He cried.

"What?!- I didn't do anything!" She whimpered, shrinking into her shirt.

"You turned the lights off!" He shrieked, lifting a huge metal foot and slamming it down onto the soft-play blocks underfoot, which would've caused an ear shattering bang had there not been soft material underneath.

"I didn't!" Fay protested, trying to grab at the metal fist clenched around her shirt.

"You're-..." Sun spoke with a shaky voice as if robots could weep. "You're banned from the daycare!"

Despite Fay's sorrowful pleas to be put down and not shunned away, Sundrop dragged her over to the huge wooden double doors.

He opened one of them and placed her down gently, nudging her forward slightly.

She whipped around to face him with tears in her eyes and a scratch in her voice.
"I'm sorry," she muttered, "please.."

Sun sniffled, wiping a hand across his cheek with a soft clash sound effect.
"It's protocol. You could've just kept the lights on..." He replied, a heartbroken wretch to his tone. (In the case that he did indeed have a heart.)

"But..." Fay found herself stuttering like a guilty verdict, ignoring that she herself had nothing to do with the unexpected lights-out. "I didn't mean to..."

Sundrop inhaled deeply, and then screamed with the very pitchiest voice, "SECURITY ALERT! SECURITY ALERT! WOO WOO!"

She winced, and animatronics emerged around every different corner.

"Staff only!" Chica said musically, hobbling over as Sundrop slammed the great door in Fay's face.

"I bet I'm your favorite!" Roxy gloated, slowly creeping forward.

When Montgomery appeared, there was no escape.
Every possible corridor was blocked off by a great monstrous robot; robots that were now closing in on her from all around.

Fay tried hastily to tug the double doors open, but Sundrop was likely holding them shut from the inside.

While the spark that was the hope of survival faded inside her, she shrunk down against the door. The animatronics growled hungrily as they closed in, and right before Monty readied himself to pounce...

...Fay got the air sucked out of her stomach as she was whipped off the ground by two strong hands that had yanked her up.
The mysterious savior managed to duck past Chica almost effortlessly, and zoomed through the Pizzaplex with Fay in their arms.

The savior seemed to know every turn and tunnel of the Pizzaplex, driving the two of them out into the main lobby, animatronics following.

They flew up the stairs and dashed into a nearby photo booth in the middle of the floor.

The noises of the angry metal beasts eventually began to fade, and soon, Chica, Monty and Roxy were out of hearing range.
They had each stomped off in their own directions, enraged now if they weren't before and in search of Fay.

There was a low buzz, and suddenly the photo booth camera flicked on. There was a white screen at first, giving the options of the photos.
Fay's savior reached out a human hand and selected an option, then sat down with Fay comfortably sat on the soft material covering the savior's legs.

She expected not what she saw in the reflection from the camera, though.

Expecting to see a human savior, the camera showed her a devious pair of red eyes overhanging a stitched up grin.
A floppy pair of white ears overhung they red eyes, as the rabbit adjusted a paw glove back onto her hand.

Vanny.