17

MEANWHILE,
JADE WOLF, CHINESE RESTAURANT

A wolf walked in but nobody seemed to be paying any attention to it. The werewolf walked up to a man named Theo, the Alpha who looked at him, "you’re late. Beer."

The wolf walked into the kitchen and changed into a human, revealing Alaric.

"You know the difference between the Circle and the Clave? I don’t. They all look the same to me." Alaric handed Theo a beer, "Shadowhunters think they’re better than us." He stood up and spoke to the crowd. "They’re the ones killing each other over petty disagreements. Is that who you trust with the Mortal Cup? They expect us to obey order they don’t follow themselves. I’m sick of it. Yeah, maybe we don’t have angel blood. We got each other. We’re a family. A pack. We’re stronger than they’ll ever be. I say, we take the Cup for ourselves."

"But what about the SA?" A werewolf in the crowd questioned, "they're shadowhunters who do not follow the orders of the Clave and at least they fight for us."

"I say, we get the cup and we hand it over to Althea." Another werewolf said making the others nod in agreement. Theo glanced at Alaric who was also nodding his head, "Althea and the shadow agents are the only ones we can actually trust."

"No!" Theo growled, "enough of shadowhunters now. It's time for us, werewolves. It's our time now."

"You want to start a war against Althea?" Alaric asked, his voice slightly shaking, "I'm sorry but how more stupid can you get?"

"Althea is only eighteen." Theo said with a scoff, "she can't beat me. She can't beat us even with her bunch of shadow agents."

"You know she can." Alaric muttered, "she isn't like the other shadowhunters. She is gifted."

"Let her come." Theo mused, "I'll put an end to her once and for all."

"If Althea finds out about what you're planning, she will kill you without hesitation." Alaric warned, "Don't say I didn't warn you."

"The photo." Theo extended his palm to Alaric who sighed before handing Theo a photo of Clary.  Theo looked at his pack, "this girl knows where the Cup is. Find her. Bring her to me."

**

STREETS, BROOKLYN ACADEMY OF ART

"Why’d you run out? And what’s the point of an Invisibility rune if you don’t silence your phone? That was childish, sneaking out like that…" Alec approached the redhead who was standing in front of the Brooklyn Academy of arts. Thea stood beside Alec, glaring at Clary who found her ringing phone in her bag and answered it, "Simon. Hey. I know I should have called you right back. I’m really sorry. Are you okay?"

Simon and Clary exchanged sentences while Thea and Alec were staring at Clary with an annoyed expressions on their faces, "I’m at the Brooklyn Academy. I’m on my way to—"

"Hang up." Thea cut her off, "That’s it, we have to go."

"And Right now." Alec added making Clary look at him, "no," she then resumed to speak to her mundane best friend. "I’m fine. I’m with Alec and Thea."  She heard Simon say something before she hanged up.

"Mundanes." Alec said, looking around at the people, "Look at them. Running around like ants. Let’s go."

"Why do you always look so miserable?" Clary questioned to which Alec replied, "I don’t."

"You do." Clary stated, crossing her arms.

"Guys. Are we leaving or not?" Thea questioned looking at Alec and Clary. The redhead sighed, "we have a real problem to solve, okay? Come with me, please, both of you. We are already here."

"This better be quick." Alec muttered before grabbing Thea's hand in his as they followed Clary to the loft.

After a few minutes of walking, they spotted Simon who was waiting for Clary. Once he spotted her, Clary rushed to him and hugged him, "hey you. Thanks for being here."

"You don’t need to do this alone. It’s not who we are." Simon said to which Clary asked, "Are you sure you’re feeling up to this?"

"Yeah, it’s just a cold." Simon replied, "Not the end of the world."

"The world’s been ending for a thousand years." Alec spoke, "Ah, you get used to it. Now, we need to move."

"I remember you," Simon said admiring Thea, "you helped to save me. I'm Simon. I don't think we've been formally introduced." Simon extended his hand for Thea to shake which she did all while ignoring the coldness of Simon's hand which she was sure was not mundane.

"Thea."

"Wow..." Simon chuckled, blushing furiously as he stared at her hand which was still in his, "you're beautiful. Did you know that your name means goddess in Greek?"

"Where's that loft?" Alec asked taking Thea's hand from those of Simon's which resulted in a frown from him but a smirk from Thea.

"Yeah, my mom’s loft is just across the alley."

"All right, well, we have to be careful. There are eyes all over this place and everybody in the Shadow World’s looking for you." Alec said as his grip tightened on Thea's hand.

Simon looked at Alec, "I mean, I guarantee you, no one’s gonna find this shortcut. I used to take it back in middle school to see Clary. You might know the Shadow World, but trust me… I know Brooklyn. Come on."

Simon jumped over a wall and Clary looked as well as the others were surprised. They walked in the alley and Simon jumped onto a ladder.

"Alright, I don't know about you but this isn't mundane at all." Thea whispered to Alec who hummed in response.