Chapter 2.1

I feel something hitting me and I groan not opening my eyes. It hits me again making me let out another groan.

"Fuck off." I say in my morning voice.

"Get up." I hear Steve say.

"No, I wanna sleep." I say and cover my head under my pillows. Steve takes my blanket off of me and cold air hits my body.

"Come on, we're almost late for our run." Steve says patting my arm.

"Go away." Venom growls.

"Shh, what time is it, man?" I ask Steve while sitting up.

"5 AM." He answers and I fall back on my bed with a groan.

"Fuck off, Steven. It's too early." Venom says and I chuckle.

"No, it's not. It's a perfect time. Alex go and take a shower, I made you sandwiches and then we'll run." Steve says and he walk out of my room.

"Asshole." Venom says.

"We heard the Captain." I say and I stand up walking towards the shower doing my thing.

-

"On your left." Steve says while we run past a man who's also running.

-

"On your left." Steve says once again as we run past the man.

"Uh huh. On my left. Got it." I hear the man saying behind us and I chuckle.

-

We near the man again and he looks behind us, running faster as he does.

"Don't say it. Don't you say it." The man warns.

"On your left." Steve says as we run past the man.

"Come on!" The man groans making me laugh.

-

Steve and I see the man sitting against the tree, on the ground panting and we walk towards him.

"Need a medic?" I tease and he looks at us and begins laughing.

"I need a new set of lungs. Dude, you guys just ran like 13 miles in 13 minutes." The man says and I laugh.

"Guess I got a late start." Steve says with a smile.

"Really?" He chuckles. "You should be ashamed of yourself. You should take another lap." The man says and I flop down next to him.

"Did you just take it? I assume you just took it." The man says and I stand up again, stretching a bit.

"What unit you with?" Steve asks the man as he points at his shirt.

"58th Pararescue. But now I'm working down at the VA." The man answers and Steve nods. He then hold his hand out and I help him up.

"Sam Wilson." He introduces.

"Alex Brock." I introduce.

"Steve Rogers." Steve introduces.

"And last, but not least. Venom." Venom says popping his head out of my shoulder.

"Awesome." Sam mutters and Venom shrinks back again.

"I kind of put that together." Sam says panting. "Must have freaked you out, coming home after the whole defrosting thing." Sam says to Steve and Steve sighs.

"It takes some getting used to. It's good to meet you, Sam." Steve says and he walks away.

"It was a pleasure, man." I say and go to walk away but Sam speaks up.