Chapter 2.5

Steve and I walk into the hospital. We're walking towards the vending machine where I placed the flashdrive behind the gum.

We walk up there and I look at where I placed the flashdrive suddenly not seeing it there.

"Are you sure you put it there?" Steve asks confused and I nod confused as well.

I hear a bubble snap and look at the reflection of the glass and see Natasha chewing on gum. I turn around and make eye contact with her. I look around to see if no one's watching and grab her by her arm, pulling her into an empty room with Steve following and closing the door. I push her against the wall.

"Where is it?" I snap out angrily.

"Safe." She answers making me roll my eyes.

"Do better." I tell her.

"Where did you get it?" She asks confused.

"Why would I tell you?" I ask back. She glances at my lips and back into my eyes making me realize how close our faces are but I don't pull away and neither does she.

"Fury gave it to you, why?" She asks confused.

"Cause I'm his best friend obviously." I say sarcastically making her roll her eyes and give me a look. "What's on it?" I ask her.

"I don't know." She replies.

"Stop lying." I tell her getting closer to her face.

"I only act like I know everything Brock." She says making me smirk slightly.

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?" I sigh out and she glances over at my lips again making me do the same.

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in so do you." She says. She's playing too much.

I grab her roughly by her arms again. "I'm not gonna ask you again." I tell her.

"I know who killed Fury." She says and I loosen my grip on her arms. "Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do call him the Winter Soldier." She continues making me frown.

"Winter Soldier? Stupid name." I chuckle lightly.

"Venom isn't much better." She teases making me roll my eyes but wait for her to continue. "He's credites with over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years."

"Great, another old man." I joke making Steve chuckle. "So he's a ghost story."

"Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran. Somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control, went straight over a cliff. I pulled us out. But the Winter Soldier was there. I was covering my engineer so he shot him straight through me." Natasha says then lifts her shirt up showing the scar of the bullet.

"Soviet slug. No rifling. Bye bye bikinis." Natasha continues with a smirk.

"Yeah, I bet you look real terrible in them now." I tease and she smirks looking at my lips again, making me go closer to her face.

"Wouldn't you like to know Alex." She flirts making me blush.

"Maybe." I say and Steve clears his throat.

"Going after him is a dead end. I know, I've tried. Like you said, he's a ghost story." She says and pulls up the flashdrive.

"Well let's find out what the ghost wants." I tell and try grabbing the flashdrive but she pulls her hand away making me frown. She then slowly puts it in my pocket for me with a smirk.

"Hot." I smirk.

-

"First rule of going on the run is don't run, walk." Natasha says walking next to me with Steve on my other side. We're now in the mall to look what's on the flashdrive.