Binder

Trigger warning:
-deadnaming
-theft of tiddie compressor

Third person:

'Maybe he hung up?' Karl thought, creating excuses, hoping his father didn't just out him to one of the few people in his life who genuinely saw him as a male.
'Yeah... yeah, maybe he hung up and left when things escalated?' He denied.

All he could think about was the previous events in George's eyes, remembering every single word his father had spoken to him.
'Young lady' rang through his mind.

'Ewewewew nonono NO!' He screamed mentally, he hated those words whenever they were directed at him, especially when spoken by his father.

Karl could only hope that George didn't pick up on anything, that he either hung up or was too oblivious to understanding.
But since Karl had all the context, it was easier for him to assume George knew what happened, trying to imagine himself in George's shoes. But because Karl knew he himself was trans, he assumed George now knew too after hearing the fight.
If he heard the fight that is.

"Kira! Dinner!" He shouted from downstairs.

The boy reluctantly got up and walked downstairs.
This was going to be a long next few days.

-time skip-

It was dark, the only thing lighting the figures way was the small torch in his phone, illuminating a small section of his path.
He opened the door and there it was, the very thing he had stayed up to take.
He could hear the soft snores of his daughter from the bed as he walked closer to her chair where the so-called 'binder' lay ready for the next day.

He took it and left, properly disposing of it before going back to bed.
He genuinely believed he was doing the right thing, the responsible thing, the only thing he could do. All he wanted was to protect his daughter.
(Honestly what a hoe)

-time skip-

Karl stretched his arms up and his legs out, feeling them come back to life before forcing himself out of the warm comforts of his sheets.
'Maybe today will be better?' He thought.

He peered out the window, the car was gone.
He smiled widely at this, 'yes! No problems maybe? Maybe today will really be better??' He beamed.
Though as memories of yesterday sunk back in, all he could do was worry about George, 'what if he's worrying about me? What if he figured out i'm trans? What if he hates me now or won't speak to me?' His smile disappeared at these thoughts.

But there was only one way to find out for sure.

He walked over to his chair to grab his... 'huh?' He thought, he span their chair round, looked under it, looked under his desk, moved the chair out the way and looked some more.

'Where's my binder?' He panicked. There was no way he'd go to school without one.

'I could've sworn I left it right here on the back of the chair last night. It couldn't have gone far?' He concluded.
This wasn't the first time he'd woken up and couldn't find his binder, but usually it was because he left it somewhere stupid and forgot, so he just assumed the same situation was reoccurring.

But he couldn't find it anywhere.

He was really starting to panic now, he wanted to go to school, he actually enjoyed it there, he wasn't dead named like that year or bullied for being himself.
He just needed that comfort and euphoria he felt just knowing the people around him knew he was a male.

There's no way that-" he paused, "wait."

'Nonononononononono he wouldn't right?? There's no way he would...' but there was, he definitely would.
"Son of a bitch took my binder" he growled.

He had been searching for around an hour before coming to this conclusion, and since it was college and he was already late to his first lesson, he decided that... maybe he just shouldn't go today? Not till he finds his binder at least.

College was pretty relaxed, you don't necessarily have to go in, but after skipping a certain amount of days or lessons, they do phone parents to alert them to this.
And that's why most kids go.
The freedom.

Karl sighed and left the room to go and find the binder he needed. He wouldn't dare go to school without it, never, he needed it even at home.

He first searched all the supposedly hidden areas in the house, just so-called secret storage areas, places where his dad his stuff assuming Karl didn't know about them.
Well he knew about most of them at least.

Couldn't find it.

He searched the forbidden room. His fathers room. He wasn't allowed in unless it was an emergency, and, well this was an emergency, so sucks to suck daddyo.
He couldn't find it anywhere though, and still couldn't even get the slightest clue as to where it was hidden even after scouring the whole house, upstairs and down.

"Where the hell..." he asked aloud, stood in the living room and turning round to every place he could see, making sure he hadn't missed any spots.

It had already been 3 hours since he started, almost 4, he was determined to find it.

The only place he hadn't checked was...
'No, he wouldn't do that right? Surely...'
He made his way into the kitchen and opened the lid of the bin, nothing that even closely resembled binder sat on top.
Because the bins were empty.
All brand new.
All the bags had been replaced.

"Shit" he cussed, he placed the lid back down and made his way to the front door, the only thing a clean fresh bin bag could mean?
It was bin day.
Karl didn't want to believe that his father would just throw it away so carelessly, he refused to believe it was really gone.
But unfortunately, deep down he knew there was a chance it was true.

He opened the front door. No bags.
"Nonononono" he cussed, had the truck already come and gone?
He closed the door again, he took in deep breaths and paced the house again, still looking for his binder, muttering to himself as he searched.
"There's still a chance it's inside, I probably just missed it"

He was in denial.

He knew full well he had searched the entire house, especially his room.
He knew that the odds weren't in his favour.
And he was damn well sure that his father was behind it.

But he wished so dearly to believe it was his own fault, and he was just clumsy, forgetting where his binder was
He could only wish that were the case.

He needed that to be the case.