Trust

Triggers:
Scar mention

Third person pov:
-(the next day)-

'Okay. Alright. You can do this.' He pep talked, hyping himself up whilst studying himself in the mirror.
He stood proudly and took a deep breath, a long inhale followed by a slow exhale, "it'll go fine." He repeated Sapnaps words.
He grabbed his mask and went downstairs.

"Morning!" Bad sang from the living room, "good luck, Dream! See you later!" He beamed. Dream had told him the plan during dinner, he was so proud of him for taking this step.

"Thanks, Bad! See ya!" He smiled, clipping his mask on before opening the door.
It was a school day, and so, like every college day, he would walk to George's house an hour early and wake him up, if not he would probably just sleep the whole day.

It was about a 30 minute walk, 30 minutes to think about what he would say and play out ever possible outcome in his head. He could only hope for a positive one. It seemed most likely.
He knocked on the familiar door to George's house, his mother opened the door, "oh, Dream you're early today." She smiled, letting me inside.
"Sorry, I have something important I need to tell him." He apologised.
"Oh, no need to be sorry, dear, go wake him up. I'm headed out now anyway so lock up for me alright?" She smiled.
He nodded, "thank you." And with that she left.

He walked up to George's room and knocked on the door loudly, "Geeeoorrrggeeee!" He called. No answer. "Goggy, wake up!" He ordered, but still he doesn't respond.
'My fault for being early I guess.
But I always have a plan B.' I remember.

He often has to use plan B, it's a Bluetooth speaker that sits on the boys bedside table.
Dream opened Spotify and clicked connect before blasting Wii theme remix on full blast, but instead a Spotify add comes on and it's somehow even better and more effective.
"HOLY SHIT-FUCK-" Is heard from inside the room.
Dream presses pause.
Success.
Moments later he hears stomping before the door swings open revealing a brunette, his eyes squinted and his hair a mess. He's in an oversized shirt and unseen boxers underneath.
'Hey wait isn't that shirt mi-'

"What the hell, man! You're so early!" He whines.
"Sorry, I just needed to talk to you before school." The taller tells him, nervously. It's only just started to settle in what he's about to do.

George immediately detects the seriousness in his voice and rubs his eyes, trying to wake himself up, forgetting about Dreams early arrival.
"Um. Sure, come in I guess." He yawns, allowing him to pass.

They both sit on George's bed, "so what's up?" He asks. Dream fidgets with his fingers for a moment, "um.. so I've been thinking about this for a while now? And... well..." he paused, struggling to find the right words. He sighed, "I'm not sure how to really say it but..."
He slowly guided his hands behind his head and froze when he touched the clip, starting to rethink his decision, 'just rip off the bandaid' he told himself.
He placed his hand on the front of the mask to support it as a small click ended up being the loudest most prominent sound in the room.
He had taken the first step.
And he slowly pulled down the mask.

Once it got past his eyes, he paused, looking at George for a reaction. He sat there patiently, his eyes wide as he stared into his. But the emotions Dream saw in his eyes weren't ones of disgust or fear, they were ones filled with intrigue and admiration.

And that gave Dream the confidence he needed to pull the mask all the way down. Completely revealing his face to the boy in front of him.
He held the mask in his lap, and forced himself to look into the eyes of the boy in front of him.
And that boy didn't say a single word, only stared back, not just into his eyes but also scanning his face.

There was a scar, still slightly red but obviously fading to white, implying it was rather recent and was once a deep cut. It trailed down from his forehead and round to his left eye and straight down to the edge of his jaw. The eye it passed through was paler than the other.

And Dream watched as the boy (definitely awake now) continued to silently scan his face until Dream couldn't take it anymore and and he looked down at his mask, longing to put it back on, he started to pull it back up to his face as if maybe it could erase the past 10 minutes.

But a hand stopped him.
It guided the mask back down.

Dream looked back up at George who was a little bit closer now, a soft smile on his face. "Thank you." He spoke under his breath.

Dream chuckled a bit, tears already forming in his eyes, "thank you?"

"Yeah... yeah, I mean, this means you trust me now, right? I mean, you trust me enough to show me your face..."

"Well, I actually already trusted you, it's just... hard?"

"Oh yeah, yeah I get it... um... sorry" he laughed slightly, "you're just... you have a really nice face, I wasn't actually- I wasn't really expecting you to be so good looking..." he stuttered, his cheeks decorated with a blush.

Dream laughed looking down again, "I have like, a huge scar down the side of my face, I'm a literal mess. You don't need to be polite."

"Nono I'm..." he placed a hand on the side of Dreams face, forcing him to face him again, "I really think you're gorgeous."

The tears on the tallers face fell as he tried his best to smile, he laughed a little again as he spoke, "thank you."

George pulled the boy closer and wrapped his arms around him, embracing him as he cried.