The hospital

Triggers:
Mentions of blood
Injury
Deadname

Sapnaps pov:

I sat in the waiting room, it was rather quiet, me and Wilbur were sat in the corner on white padded chairs, surprisingly comfortable.
There were others in there too, some in groups, some by themselves, one even had some blood on his shirt, she'd clearly brought someone in after an accident.
People were consoling eachother, mixed muttering amongst everyone in there creating a dull and depressing mood, occasionally a nurse would come in and take the family outside to talk or give them a positive update.
Some didn't come back in.
I don't know where they went, hopefully to see the patient they were there for.

I rested my chin on the palm of my hand, my elbow sitting on one knee while the other bounced impatiently.
Wilbur sat beside me, nibbling the end of his nails with no intention of biting them off, just a nervous habit.
We both sat waiting for what felt like an extremely painful amount of time.

Over and over I would space out, I would recap everything that happened yesterday, (it now being almost 2am), the Fay seemed completely normal till I got that call from Bad.
Next thing I know I'm climbing through Karl's living room window.

The image of Karl falling is stuck in my brain. Why would he do that for me? I promised he would be safe...
I remembered every moment after that aswell.
Sitting Karl beside me in the back of the car, holding my bundled up hoodie against his forehead as I put pressure on it.
I remember pulling up and watching as the doctors took him away on a stretcher.
I remember how weak he looked, the whole time, all I could do was hope.
And now all I can do is keep hoping.

Well it's not like he's going to die... I hope. It wasn't that bad of an injury was it? It didn't look fatal.

As I continued to recap the incident, my mind froze at one particular thing Karl's dad had said.
"She"
Was it just a mistake? Or was he talking about Kira? Who even is Kira? Even during the yelling she never left her room...
It was so odd, he seemed to certain, like he was definitely referring to Karl.
But Karl's a guy so that doesn't make any sense...

I felt Wilbur pat my leg before standing up, alerting me to the presence of the others. We had messaged them, telling them to meet us at the hospital. Bad called immediately and we answered, telling him roughly what happened, Wilbur reviewing the same explanation.

Phil, Dream, Bad and George all walked through the door, Bad had a small rucksack with him, they all looked panicked.
The waiting room was huge, so there was definitely enough room.
Just as we stood up to greet them, Bad separated himself from the group and ran to the lady who was just entering the doors.

Third person:
"Excuse me, I'm a friend of Karl's, do you know where I can find the doctor currently handling his recovery?" He asked, the nurse smiled sweetly at him and replied, "that's me. I was just about to give your friends the details about his current state. Also we can't seem to find him on our system somehow..." she stated.

"That's because..." he froze for a second, it felt wrong telling people that without Karl's permission. But this is a nurse? She needs to know right?

"Because he's trans?" She finished, "don't worry, hun, we know, we noticed the binder. Don't worry, I won't mention anything, but I do need you to tell me his legal name, the friend that brought him in clearly doesn't know." She stated.

Bad smiled at her, "thank you. That's really kind." He thanked, "His old name is Kira. Do you know when we can see him?"

"I'll explain that now." She answered, both of them walked back to the group, "are you the boy that brought him in?" She asked Sapnap, he nodded, still looking very anxious. She smiled at him, "it's okay, you guys did great alright? He's going to be just fine. Two of you can go in there now, but he might be sleeping."

Everyone thanked her as she left to go back and fulfil her nurse duties.

Phil took Wilbur home, he didn't want to leave without him and he took his car without permission. He could see Karl tomorrow.
Dream and Bad decided to go back to their house.
That left George and Sapnap.

"Guess that makes the choice easier." George shrugged, "also, we don't have a ride home now so... might as well just stay till Karl wakes up I guess."

Sapnap was rather quiet as they walked over to Karl's room.
Just like the nurse said, Karl was asleep. He had a blanket over his chest, George couldn't make out whether or not his binder had been removed or not, but he hoped it was.
Though they only needed to treat his head this time.
Surely they would feel obliged to remove it?
'Maybe they didn't see it.'

He's probably had it on 18 hours or more since yesterday. He would need to go and tell a nurse.

Sapnap sat down on a chair next to the bed and scanned the boys features. They seemed to have done a pretty good job patching him up, well of course they did, they're professionals.
Apparently falling down the stairs had injured his arm as well, the limb hanging in a type of sling.

George returned, Sapnap hadn't even realised he had left, but he came back with the same doctor as before.
They shooed them out of the room.
"What's going on??" Sapnap asked, panicked.
"Don't worry, they just needed to do another check up." He lied, he had told them about the binder, and they were just removing it. Probably having to cut it.
'Sorry Fundy' he apologised, knowing Fundy had given them to his as spare.

He got two from Fundy though. So he still had one left. Hopefully.