~XX~

Yo y'all! I've basically had forgotten this book due to irl shit. But then I got a notification and remembered this book. You're lucky that happened, cuz do you guys even want a cliffhanger? I intend to finish this book; likely slow updates since I'm not that into TPN anymore. From now on, this story gets depressing. I predict in five chapters, arc one will be finished, if I even extend the book.

No one's POV

Alex looked upon the older male with intent; what backstory would begin with an explosion? Something must've happened when all the shit began to erupt and cause chaos. Explosions tend to be deadly; there to toss you around and make sure there's nothing of you to salvage. After all, he had died in one. How could one's life start in one?

"Alex, I know what you're thinking. How can someone's life start with an explosion? Well, I'm not like most people. Let me begin."
Eyes
Everything was dark. My live developed into nothingness... nobody seemed to care anyways. But when it comes to life, it always has been like a roller coaster. Before you come to an end, there always are ups and downs, even some that you don't even expect.

The sound echoed upon the buildings it landed upon, growing wave upon wave until it reached me, seemingly roaring into my young ears. This was how the world welcomed me, in the middle of an explosion? I was only five years old at the time.

But then, I came straight back to reality. My eyes opened for the first time to the reality of this world. Luucas, a monster who thinks that it's hunt or be hunted, bombed our safe house. I sat in what was left of my room and cried for the longest time. I was alone, perhaps forever... of course, the irony was still there. However, life can give you hope in many unexpected ways; a bright light in a tunnel.

A new human, perhaps. No, it was a wolf that had just lost its pup, perhaps it was grieving. It had adopted me so that I would have a home. It wasn't until I was eight before said wolf died and I ended up on the streets, looking for home to home. And that was when I found my school. It was a place of both times of hatred and ignorance. Yet, some of my fondest memories occurred here.

My girlfriend was who I met at age ten was here. I became one with her here as well. So many interesting happened here at this school. Yet, life can once again become crazy and mentally scorching. The small good times I had with my girlfriend had to come to an end, abruptly.

I was walking alongside a lake. We were holding hands as typical couples would do. But once again, we were only twelve. Young and innocent. It was in mod January, the snow has already had covered a thin layer. Yet, who knew that snow would symbolize change?

"Hey babe, do you really think it was a good idea to walk on this?"

My girlfriend had simply laughed at me. Who wouldn't blame her, after all? The ice was thick for all we knew.

"Well, I bet we can just play around, just have some fun; the ice is thick after all."

I launched myself upon her and tickled her. It was a lot of fun whilst it lasted, not until I heard a crack. It was like a slow rumbling of thunder, a small warning sound that a flood was coming, that danger was coming. A small mistake I made back then was the fact I decided to ignore this small complication to our fun. Suddenly, the rumbling grew larger and larger. Then, there was a cold bottom.

I had known what had happened; I fell into a hole that would determine the fate of our relationship. I knew I was strong, having been raised by wolves, but my girlfriend was raised by humans. They were overall weak. Yet, I knew that she had strong resolve. How could I save her on time? I swam as fast as I could to no effect; I picked up my girlfriend but there was no pulse. Absolutely no pulse at all, and I knew I had failed.