~XXI~

I thought the book had too many authors notes, so I'm changing that. Within this book, the authors notes will be within the chapters.

I apologize for you guys waiting on me to update. I'm sure many of you guys are shocked to even seen this being updated y'k? I got the sudden motivation to do such when I was reading a renga fic.

You see, I had massive writers block. I could've dealt with it during the time I got Covid, but the damn virus made it worse. It doesn't help that it extended to my school projects as well.

Here it is! Months later, I finally got the motivation! I did say I was gonna finish this damn ass book. Do you still want me to extend it? Or nah. After I'm done, I'll be doing a full upheaval of the book. I actually really liked the old style and the the detail aspect of my late 2021 style, so....

As a compromise, imma combine it! I've decided to stick to switch things out a bit and change the ending to an option whereas it's worse than what I had planned. Combining what I had planned and my bittersweet ending along with another twist hehe.

Looking through the book, I realized just the bittersweet ending wouldn't go along without changing the majority of the plot. In its roots, it'll always be about Rayemma. I think the reason why I shifted for rather than Emma being the Malipulated and Ray having to sacrifice himself is bc I saw way too much of myself in Aiden. The book is now really about the group as a whole, rather than the actual main ship. Let's say the early ends is about them and the later end is about homophobia and the horrors of Christo-fascism.

I'll say this, I'll still write the happy ending as some bonus chapter. Be happy this is the ending you'll get instead of the extended edition, bc you'd just be getting suffering for that one. Pure on agony. If you want it, then yeah I'll go for it.

Let's begin, shall we?

_______________________________

Aiden's POV (keeping this)

It was scary.

The exact moment you realized that you were literally just a pig being led to its slaughter. The fact that... Oliver- no, scratch that, Jack working through Oliver malipulated me into thinking I was worth nothing, that his boyfriend didn't love me.

Jack was a shit human being. That I will undeniably not deny. So was Oliver for even making him believe such things. Oh how Norman thought of this whole situation! I smirked at the person ahead of him; oh how good it feels to have your sassy personality back rather than the cold, monotone person he has become. "Well, wouldn't you like to know? He definitely wasn't pleased."

Shock grew in everyone's in attendance. I smiled at Ray's raised eyebrows. Oh how I missed my sadism! I remembered clearly how each one of our story telling sessions went. You know... the usual way. I don't miss seeing that blood pool that had been staring right in front me, and I hated both of them.

It wasn't long before Ray finally spoke; "Well... I would like to know... from what you are saying, you figured it all out before both of us did. What happened?" I chuckled. 

Oh how did I realize? Earlier that day. I watched as the sun was setting, letting the cool air that was awaiting to be broken from its chains out into the woods. The chill winds brushed me slightly from behind as if it was a mother rubbing my back. The sun was at its highest point when everything hit me, after all.

"Well, actually I figured it all out at the exact same time Oliver did." I waited for the realization to hit all three of them. Then, suddenly it did. Oliver suddenly spluttered out the words, "Y-you... were there when that happened?"