PART ONE: THE PAST

Nari imagines what their reactions would be to receive letters from her. Probably shocked and caught off-guard – after all, she's quite literally the last person some of them would expect to be reached out to by. She's certainly not going back on her decision; she's known to be indecisive, but this time, she's firm on her choice.

She sits at her table, littered with pieces of paper and all manner of stationeries. Without much difficulty, she manages to remove the brand-new notebook from under the stack of books, where she's kept it so that she wouldn't remove it on instinct and put it somewhere else and then forget about her letters.

Playing some of her favorite relaxing songs on her phone, she begins writing the first letter, addressed to someone that always crosses her mind briefly, but one she never allows herself to think about for long enough. Her pen leaves smooth letters imprinted on the papers.

She's not writing these letters to face the demons of her past, to put it bluntly. She's writing them to unload all the guilt and fear and sadness she's felt since she was twelve years old, and now as a grown woman of twenty-one, to be twenty-two this September, she feels this is one of the right ways to do it.

She has no heart to text them; and anyway, she doesn't have their numbers anymore. Beomgyu's and Kai's she never had to begin with. Yeonjun, Soobin and Taehyun have long since changed them, for reasons she knows she shouldn't feel is about her. Even so, it's easy enough to find ways to send the letters to them.

Well, she's going to get her answers soon enough. The high school reunion is coming up soon – just two weeks away, the 13th of February—and she'll meet them all. The school informed them that they were many school events going on these days, so they've asked the graduates of three years earlier to come during the weekend. It was a Saturday, and no kids would be there.

Except for Kai and Taehyun, she knows. One way or another, they would be there. She wouldn't even have to ask them.

Several hours later, she rises from her seat with her hand aching, and rereads all five letters lying back on her bed, and smiles. One hell of a way to bring back the past, she thinks.

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 401

A/N: it's started. gear up, y'all, it's gonna be a crazy ride.

also, i can't think of new names 24/7 so the ocs from my announced and to-be-announced txt and en- fics are going to be here. this is a different universe tho.