PART TWO: THE PRESENT

The boys receive the letters sent to them.

Yeonjun and Soobin receive them through an old classmate of theirs whom they work with at their part-time job at the entertainment agency as assistance songwriters. They open their letters together, and look up at the same time from their letters, eyes widening, saying the same name in shock. "Kim Nari?!"

Yeonjun is holding back his tears and Soobin is crying quietly when they finish reading their letters. They both agree to not shy away from her as they had originally intended to do at the high school reunion. They both agree to keep the contents of their own letters a secret from each other.

Beomgyu's letter winds its way into his physical mail at the post office. When he receives the message from the post office that he has a letter, he's surprised and wonders if it's about the ring he ordered for Sohyun. However, when he goes to the post office, comes home, and opens it, he's beyond shocked, for it's a letter from the only girl he ever had a solid friendship with, besides Sohyun.

He has always resented the fact that she suddenly broke off their friendship without any evident reason, but when he reads the letter, he's in tears. He never knew Kim Nari had suffered so much at the hands of people he believed were his friends. He vows to set things right with her on the 13th of February.

Kai's and Taehyun's letters are sent to them one day while they sit in class. The pair are unaware of their one connection outside of school, that they each have a strong connection with Kim Nari. They are bored, only half-listening to the lesson, when one of the teachers stop by and call out their names from the doorway. Confused, they go to her and accept the envelopes from her.

"Who is it from?" they ask, but the teacher doesn't know. Going back to their seats, the pair glance at each other before opening the envelopes, producing sheets of folded paper. Even more confused, they unfold the papers, and gasp when they start reading it. Kai remains still in shock as he reads it. Taehyun can't help it, but tears fall from his eyes as he reads the letter. A few of his classmates look at him and the teacher eyes him with concern, but he doesn't care.

Vowing to meet her somehow, he carefully folds the letter and tucks it between the papers of his notebook. He vows to make things right with her. He thinks he has a chance now.

✧✧✧

WORD COUNT: 436

A/N: now comes the parts i'm the second-most excited for.

random but i literally love txt so much i cry out of pure emotion like you'll see me watching crown or smth with tears in my eyes I LOVE THEM SM CRIES