Prologue

She stood over Allison's body, one hand pressed over her heart and the other holding her cold hand. She was trying so hard, but nothing was happening. No purple ran up her arms as it should of. It wasn't working.

"Come on," she grunted. "Come on!"

Her bottom lip trembled as well as her knees. This was supposed to be working. It had to be working. This was what she wanted, all she had left. This was supposed to be the reason she lived instead of Zoe, so that she could save Allison.

"Emma! Emma! Stop!" Someone shouted. She could hardly hear the footsteps running towards her.

The first tear slipped from her control, landing in Allison's hair. She was holding her breath, trying to give everything she had in order for this to work. Her head was pounding and her lips turning a light shade of purple.

"Emma!"

"I was too late," she mumbled. Her hands lifted from Allison's body, her feet stumbling backwards. Stiles caught her in his arms. "I should've saved her,"

"Shh, shh," cooed Stiles, stroking her hair as they both collapsed onto the floor. "It's okay. You're okay,"

But she wasn't. She wasn't okay, and she never will be. Those twenty minutes that separated her from life and death, from saving Allison, will haunt her for the rest of her days. She wailed in Stiles' arms, in the arms of someone she'd already said goodbye to. She never got to say goodbye to Allison.

Now she never will.

----------

Surprise bitches, I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me :)

I know, I know. I said I was done and moving on from writing on here. However, I just couldn't stop thinking about Emma and what kind of story she would have in season 4. Then, something bigger than I could have ever imagined came to me, and it just might be - scratch that- is the biggest twist I have ever written. Y'all are never gonna see this coming.

I'm going to try and bust this out as quickly as possible. I have a few prewritten chapters that will help get me through a week or two. You see, I landed a pretty big internship for the summer that requires a 45 hours work week, then add in umpiring in the evenings and softball on the weekends. So, please, check my message board frequently for updates.

It's good to be back :))