Epilogue

"What happens now?" I asked Stiles as we leaned up against a row of lockers in the school hallway.

"I don't know," he said.

I glanced to the ground before looking back up at him. "Do you think it's over?"

So much has happened to us the past year and a half, it's crazy to even fathom the thought of more supernatural evil out there seeking to destroy us. All of this was part of my mother and Peter's grand plan anyways, so maybe things will be calmer now that they're both locked up in Eichen where they belong.

"I don't know," repeated Stiles. "I don't really care about much of anything else but being here with you right now. All I know is you and I belong together. You're my person, Em, and I want it to be that way forever,"

"Are you asking me to marry you?" I asked him with a sly smile. 

He grinned back, "I'm asking you not to leave me."

"I think I can manage that,"

I leaned in, feeling him cup my face in his hand as our lips met. He kissed me so deep I could feel it all the way in my toes. I've only kissed one other person, so I guess I don't have much to compare it to, but I think Stiles just might be the best kisser ever. 

"Stilinski! Brisbane!" Coach Finstock shouted with a blow of his whistle. "You two just can't keep your hands off of each other, huh? Detention, after school."

I waited until Finstock was out of earshot to look over at Stiles and laugh. It was about time he gave us a detention, honestly, with how much he tends to catch us showing public displays of affection. Kissing Stiles is totally worth it.

"Nice," I said, giggling as I turned around to open my locker.

"I think he's still mad at me for leaving during the middle of a lacrosse game and lying about Scott and Kira being 'on a date' in Mexico," said Stiles.

I shook my head as I finished turning my lock and opened my locker door. I reached inside to pull out the book I needed for my first class, but instead my hand met with a yellow envelope. I pulled it out, a crease between my brows as I took in the familiar but unidentifiable scent it carried. My name was written on it in a neat scrawl.

"What's that?" Stiles asked, eyeing the package in my hands.

"I don't know,"

I held my breath as I tore a finger through the mouth of the envelope to open it. Inside was a letter, and what looked like the chain of a necklace. I opened the fold of the the letter first, my mouth falling open as I read it.

Emma,

I know that you no longer wear your cross necklace, and I know how much it meant to you. I figured your neck must feel pretty bare, so I got you this. Allison would be so proud of you. I'm proud of you.

-Chris Argent

I handed the note to Stiles as I pulled the necklace out of the envelope. It was silver, with a full bow and arrow charm hanging off of it. I held it up, examining it closer. I squinted my eyes at the flat back side of the charm, spotting an AA engraved into the bottom. 

"Do you want me to - ?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah," I said, handing him the necklace.

I turned around, pulling my hair to the side as Stiles draped the necklace over me, clasping it at the back. I closed my eyes for a moment, remembering when Stiles did this same thing in my mother's office with the cross necklace she had left for me. I thought that necklace meant something, and I guess it did for a while, until I learned the truth. This necklace, however, truly does mean something. It represents Allison, and I will carry her with me wherever I go.