Chapter 23 - Knockout

I barred my fangs, running at the berserker with my claws out. I pushed it back into the wall with a strength I didn't know I was capable of. I dodged its attempt to take a swing at my head, coming back by slashing my claws through its side. It managed to push me back, causing me to stumble and fall to the ground. 

I stood up, grabbing one of the knives from my belt and spinning it around my finger. I let out a low growl before it ran at me again. The blade caught only a sliver of the berserker, allowing it to tackle me back to the ground. It was on top of me, lifting up its hand to stab a bone into my chest. I rolled out of the way just in time, the bone hitting the stone floor instead. I scrambled to my feet, holding the knife firm in my hand.

Liam ran at it, getting a punch in before the berserker hit him back with twice the force. I felt myself yearning to lose control when I saw Peter attack next. I held back a smile when he was knocked to the ground, gasping as the wind was knocked out of him.

Malia and Eric ran at it simultaneously, each grabbing and arm and pushing it into the wall. "Now, Emma!" Eric yelled.

"Aim for the skull!" Peter shouted from the ground.

I let out a heavy roar, raising my arm to bring the knife down over its head. "Emma! Stop!" I heard a voice shout from behind me. I was too focused on killing the beast that attacked my friends to notice who it was. Just when my knife was about to cut into the skull, it was knocked out of my hands.

I looked over in anger to see Kira next to me, holding up her sword as my knife it the ground. Malia and Eric fought to hold the berserker against the wall.

"It's Scott," said Stiles, standing behind Kira. "It's Scott,"

I looked from Stiles to the berserker, searching through the holes in its skull to find its eyes. They were a deep brown, just like Scott's, but they didn't even feel human when they gazed back at you. I took a step back, turning my head to Peter. This was all his idea. He had Kate turn Scott into a berserker so that we would kill him. He made sure Lydia wasn't here to warn us. I should have known.

"You," I hissed. 

But before I could even move Scott had freed himself from Eric and Malia's grips, shoving them both to the ground. He swung at me, hitting me hard across the head and knocking me down next to my siblings. He walked past us, heading straight for Liam.

"Scott," said Kira, still holding up her sword. "Scott stop,"

"Scott, it's me," said Stiles as Scott walked past him. He struck him hard across the face, causing him to land hard on the ground.

I crawled over to him as Scott approached Liam, grabbing him by the shoulders and shoving him hard into the stone wall. I stood up, helping Stiles to his feet. He held on to me, even though I could smell his unease about my claws and fangs. 

Scott lifted Liam up with a hand wrapped tight around his throat. I could hear everyone's hearts pounding and the gunshots ringing from outside, and it was almost enough to make me want to scream. I moved to help Liam, but Stiles held me back.

"Scott," said Liam, his voice shaking. Scott raised back his fist, a sharp bone sticking out from his knuckles. "Scott! Scott! Listen, listen! You're not a monster. You're a werewolf, like me."

I held my breath as Liam stared at him. A few moments later Scott lowered his fist, slowly letting Liam back down to the ground. None of us moved as we watched. Scott began twitching his neck, backing up and shaking his head out. He was looking at his arms, examining himself. He took his armored gloves off, dropping them at his feet, then doing the same with his chest piece. He then brought his hands up to the mask on his face, tearing it apart at the sides. A bright glow emitted where the skull was being ripped apart, Scott's werewolf face emerging from beneath with a loud roar.