𝐠𝐮𝐲 𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞'𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤!

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

everyone who ever surrounded y/n thought her ability to mimic others' handwriting was an incredible talent. she didn't see what was so cool about it, until guy germaine started taking an interest in her, or more specifically, her talent. they were in a few classes together, but guy usually stuck to whatever hockey friends he had in them. until, their trigonometry teacher moved guy away from his irritating friend, averman, and sat him right beside y/n. now, guy considered himself to be a good student, when he tried. but, trigonometry was no good, neither was geography. it was threatening his position on eden hall's junior hockey team. and there y/n was; with her perfect penmanship and a stack of papers that had 100% scribbled on the top right corner.

"hey, y/n! um, i wanted to ask you something." guy greeted her with a beaming smile, making y/n's heart flutter. it wasn't wrong to say that y/n had a crush on the blond, especially since his recent seat change. she returns the grin, shifting her body to face him. "h-hey, guy! what's up?"

y/n couldn't stop her imagination from running wild. she pictured him asking for her number, or maybe asking to go out with her! oh, how she'd say 'yes', a thousand times yes! with flushed cheeks, she snaps out of her daydream and looks into guy's green eyes. god, he had such pretty eyes... he leaned in, making sure to keep his voice low, and is completely unaware of y/n's heart skipping beats. "um, i'm not doing the best in this class, and if i don't pass, i'll be kicked off the team. and i know you can pretty much mimic anyone's handwriting..." just like that, y/n felt her face pale and she zoned out. this wasn't the first time someone had asked her to do their homework. was that all she was good for? she doesn't catch him offering to pay her, (which made y/n want to do it less, to be honest.) her palm jutting out in front of her stopped guy from speaking, and he's sure she won't accept. with a fake smile, "y-yeah, sure. i can do it." y/n's stomach aches, and seeing the grateful sparkle in his eyes didn't help.

careful as i write her name,
on the corner of the page,
make it look like it was her all along

y/n glanced over at her analog clock, the red numbers flashing 11:43. yawning, she continues to work out the trigonometry equations on a sheet of paper. his handwriting wasn't hard to mimic, it was a lot neater than most boys their age. the work wasn't hard either, but y/n was a top student at eden hall.

a stack of her own homework rests beside her arm on the desk, still not done. y/n made a point to do guy's homework before hers, she was doing him a favor, after all. hell, she was doing a favor to eden hall in general. guy was easily one of the best players on the team, right behind adam banks, and was needed. he'd told her that coach orion was much happier with his academic performance, and that he "couldn't done it without her homework help." the wink he shot y/n with that last sentence made her palms sweat, and she ended up writing complete nonsense over her previously written trig notes. y/n rolls her eyes, "stop getting distracted, guy needs this homework done." with that, the girl effectively shut up and continues to work. hopefully, she'd finish his work before 12, and y/n could work on her own.

and i put the paper in my bag,
as i'm walking back to class,
and the notes i wrote,
that took me so long

y/n l/n could never hate guy germaine, but he wasn't her favorite person at the moment. she'd skipped lunch to write herself a copy of the trigonometry notes. the other day, both guy and averman left early for an away game and y/n took it upon herself to write his. she used her prettiest highlighters, choosing colors she'd thought he'd appreciate, and everyone else just assumed that those were hers. those were the kind of notes she took normally, anyway. now, she sat in the library, sipping on her water every so often. maybe it'd cure her hunger...