𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞!

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

"ah, banksie! you're too funny!" adam banks stood among his fellow varsity ducks, with his new girlfriend by his side, and he felt completely out of place. from a spectator's standpoint, he didn't look it. his collared shirt, letterman, adam was the epitome of a varisty hockey player.

internally, he felt a million miles away. whenever adam couldn't deal with the stresses of life, he traveled back to those summer days with y/n. oh, his sweet princess. of course, she'd moved on by now; probably forgotten all about him. he hadn't forgotten her, as the necklace she gave him their last day together laid on his chest underneath the fabric of his shirt. blue eyes flicker around the cafeteria, and for a moment, adam sees y/n. his breath quickens, now frantically searching for another glimpse of h/c locks in the sea of kids. "babe, are you okay? charlie asked you a question." his girlfriend, betty, pulls him out of his reverie. nodding, "yeah. just thought i saw someone... familiar. what's up, char? sorry, man," focusing his attention on the blue-eyed boy in front of him. charlie gave his friend a pat on the shoulder, "you're good, banks. i asked if you had any more ideas for new plays. coach orion wants your help." in all honesty, adam didn't have any. he didn't know much about plays, aside from learning them for a game.

was that really his y/n? it couldn't have been, she was back in her little lakeside town, soaking up the sun with someone new to kiss and fall in love with. the idea of y/n with someone else made him ill, and adam knew his face probably greened. "um, i'm gonna head to the bathroom. just need to cool down real quick." he excuses himself, as betty kisses his warming temple in comfort. little does she know, it doesn't comfort the boy at all, but rather repulses him. he'd been fine until now, all because he saw some girl who looked like y/n.

the s/c girl fled the cafeteria after she saw adam, now hiding in the vacant hallway. tears flowed freely down her face, while she was tucked in a corner. unfortunately for y/n, there were footsteps leading away from the cafeteria, and she couldn't bear to see anyone right now. so, the girl tried her hardest to sneak out of the corner and find another safe haven. maybe the library, or the bathroom. y/n knew she passed one girls' bathroom on the way to the cafeteria! "works for me." she mumbles, pushing herself off the wooden wall and ducking her head down. adam rounded the corner as y/n came out of the crevice where the water fountain was; his head cocking sideways. him and y/n spent hours, days even, memorizing each other's forms. adam banks knew she had a birthmark on her lower stomach, the scar on her back from a seashell being chucked at her, everything. it was her! his y/n m/n, his heart. the love of his life, adam was sure of it. however, there was only one way to know.

"princess? please tell me that's you." hearing adam's voice so close made y/n freeze. he could only be a few feet away, all she had to do was turn around and run; jump in his arms and damn that cheerleader he was with before. but, y/n wouldn't do that, and she couldn't do that. so, y/n decides her best option is to run. bolting away from her beloved, y/n found that sobbing while running was rather difficult. she also realized that she had no idea where the fuck she was going, and adam was bound to catch up with her, (had he decided to run after her like in the movies.)

he does run after y/n, shocked that she could evade him so easily. adam eventually gets to where he was right behind her, his hands reaching out to grasp on her waist. she always liked that, giggled so happily and adam remembers a time where the noise was all he thought about. then, she disappeared from his sight. in the midst of his reminiscing, y/n had slipped into a janitorial closet, where the scent of chemicals made her cry harder into her hand. y/n struggles to keep quiet, not wanting for adam to find her and be cornered in a janitor's closet. meanwhile, adam took two long glances on either side of the upcoming hall, no sign of y/n at all. sighing, "fuck. i lost her again," kicking at the row of wooden lockers in frustration. the noise echoes; causing y/n to jump back into a shelf of cleaning products. "no, no!" she ushers out, attempting to stop the bottles from clattering to the floor. it doesn't work, and the commotion coming from inside the closet attracts adam.