𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞!

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

if the ducks had to choose the most annoying yet hilarious duo on the team, it would be y/n l/n and lester averman. ever since y/n made fun of averman for falling flat on his face during their first practice, (then proceeding to do the same herself,) the two had been inseparable. much to everyone else's great displeasure. don't get the ducks wrong! they loved both averman and y/n, it's just that they were chaos. absolute chaos. besides, it was hard to practice when you've got them knocking into each other and shouting the word "penis" with increasing volume until coach yelled at them and got whoever in trouble.

not everyone enjoyed the duo's endearing humor, especially one of the new recruits, dean portman. to him, they were nothing but mosquitoes he wanted to squish between his fingers. but, y/n? she thought dean was just the most incredible, and so she made it her mission to make him like her.

this all started when the district five ducks met the new recruits at the rink, where y/n and averman were immediately separated after trapping goldberg with "yo mama" jokes the entire day. so, y/n stood beside fulton, (who saw her like a little sister and was very much used to her teasing,) resting her chin on his padded shoulder. "you know, if it wasn't for her being charlie's mom, i'd totally flirt with miss conway." y/n piped up, her cheek scrunching up into her eye. fulton gives her a weird look, "didn't you ask her if she wanted a kiss from you too when we picked up charlie the other day?" "that's unimportant, fulton john." before the boy could even correct y/n on his middle name, the most muscular guy he's ever seen enters the rink, singing along to whatever song was blasting through his headphones. y/n's eyes go wide, and she's sure cartoon hearts bulge out of them, too. sighing, "hubba hubba! aw, i like him," ignoring the punch fulton gave her ribs.

she laughed at him pushing down her teammates, which was such a bad show of sportsmanship, but didn't care. "that guy's a teenager?" y/n heard coach ask their sponsor, before chaos ensued. the new recruits versus district five ducks, so not a good first impression. y/n wasn't really arguing with anyone, at least until she saw the muscle guy get in averman's face.

dean portman didn't really care who he was arguing with; he'd gone from the rich kid to the kid with glasses in an instant. suddenly, this girl is shoving her finger in his face. "hey, g.i. joe! this is my best friend, and i'm the only one who gets to get in his face!" y/n yells, wedging herself between him and averman. dean furrowed his eyebrows, "i don't give a shit whose best friend you are, sweetie! don't get in my face!" despite loving the nickname he gave her, (which she knew was sarcastic,) y/n stood her ground. luckily, one of the adults blew a whistle loud enough to break up the cluster of hockey players. while coach was lecturing them, averman stuck beside y/n, and no one cared in that moment. smiling, "didn't know you loved me that much, l/n. almost got yourself killed," making his best friend snort. "honey, i wouldn't die for you. but, i would let him kill me."

god, dean's luck was horrible. this new coach didn't like how their scrimmage went, so now they're tied together. in order to work together, they need to "think together." even worse, the girl who got in his face was right in front of him.

y/n could've died and gone to heaven. "not how i imagined us getting close, but i'll take it! how ya doing, babe?" she joked, earning some stifled laughs from the other ducks. dean only glares down at her, flaring his nostrils before attempting to move the ball. dean gestures his head to the left, "go left!" "who made you boss? go right!" fulton scoffed, and the mix in directions makes the ball of teenagers tumble to the ground. y/n's back hits dean's front and of course, her best friend has to make a joke. laughing before he even got the words out, "hey, y/n! are portman's bones all in order?" she couldn't contain her laughter, or her blush, and threw her head back against the boy's chest. "yep! everything feels nice and hard to me, just like they should be!" y/n adds on. when she craned her neck to look up at him, she's met with a furious dean. winking at him, "the vein in your forehead looks very prominent today, deanie baby," causing him to grunt and curse under his breath.