𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫!

trigger warning: harsh misogyny? y/n gets called a "s\ut" often in this... BUT SHE ISN'T AND DESERVES LOVE.

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

y/n and charlie were similar to their friends, guy and connie. from the moment they met as young children, they knew they were going to marry each other. y/n and guy were the hopeless romantics, and they promised each other that they'd have a double wedding when both couples were old enough. y/n had it all planned out; she would walk connie down the aisle and they'd break off to their respective boy. it would be a june wedding, of course, since that was peak summer in minnesota. the color scheme consisted of pastels, but not super bright.

it was puppy love, really. teammates like jesse hall and goldberg teased at the young couple, to which they just shrugged it off. they loved each other, what was wrong with that? y/n's fondest memory of her and charlie is when she told him that she loved him for the first time. it was during the junior goodwill games, where they experienced their first true struggles as a couple. "char, it's tough on all of us. not just you. he's lost his way, but he'll come back. he always does." y/n reminds the boy, as the pair sit in the vacant activity room. charlie repositioned himself to rest his chin on y/n's stomach, staring up at her with soft, blue eyes. he understood where his girlfriend was coming from, but no one could fathom the hurt he was enduring. ever since bombay was introduced to the team, him and charlie formed a special bond. bombay was charlie's surrogate father figure, because it wasn't like charlie's own father was any good.

he huffed, "i hope you're right, y/n/n. you're the best." charlie presses a kiss to her clothed stomach, while she runs her hands through his hair. y/n wanted to be right as well, because bombay's recent actions were killing charlie slowly. they sit in sweet silence, not needing to communicate in order to be connected. she hopes to stay like that, to be so intertwined that there wasn't a need for words. then, she'd pull guy germaine aside once their senior year was closing, and prepare the proposals. both schemes were epic, fitting either couple perfectly.

unbeknownst to y/n, her heart started beating out of rhythm, startling charlie. holding her hand, "are you okay, y/n? your heart's beating really fast," before she snaps out of her wedding daydream. they share eye contact, blue eyes meeting e/c. and y/n's never felt more loved, more needed in her 13 years of existence. she knew she was young, far too young to know anything about true love, but charlie conway was it for her. y/n was sure of it. her lips curve in a small smile, "would you marry me? when we're older, of course. me and guy kinda planned both of our weddings already, so say yes. if not, i'll cry." charlie propped himself up, his back now sitting against the couch and looking at y/n with raised eyebrows. "depends on where the venue is. because i'm not getting married in a barn." he remarks, their shoulders brushing together. elated, y/n peppered the right side of his face in kisses, hugging his arm while she did. with all her courage, "i love you, charlie conway. and i'm gonna be mrs. conway one day, you better believe it! no barn, i promise," and rushing off to celebrate with guy.

their relationship got rocky when it was time for their freshman year at eden hall. the ducks were all told that only one of them would be picked to sub for varsity, and that player would then be apart of varsity if they could keep up. y/n knew adam banks would be picked for varsity, something she applauded heavily. if anyone deserved a letterman, it was banksie. but, coach orion decided to choose two players from the ducks, and chose y/n l/n to go along with adam.

"babe, you deserve this. i'm telling you, as your boyfriend, to play for varsity." charlie assures a sobbing y/n, her face buried in his chest. she shook her head, "then tell me as my captain to not go! i don't want to play varisty, i'm not meant for it." the brunette boy sighed in exasperation. y/n/n needed to understand that she was picked by coach orion because she was talented, and she needed to take advantage of this opportunity. sure, he felt a little threatened to send his girl into a team full of older boys who were sure to flirt with her. but, charlie wanted y/n to better, he wasn't going to let some varsity/jv business tear them apart. not when they'd practically been engaged since age 11. he tilts y/n's head up to look at him, "i could, but i won't. this is great for you, and i'll be there to cheer you on," while y/n frowns. his reassurance doesn't do much to coax her into a stable mood, but y/n knew charlie was stubborn. he wouldn't give up until he knew she'd do what she needed.