𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐥𝐮𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐚𝐦𝐚!

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

ever since his arrival to the ducks, it was clear that luis mendoza had a more expensive taste. he didn't necessarily have the means to cushion it, as his family was very much similar to the ducks' own; middle class. sure, luis got clothes whenever he needed them, and saved big presents, like new skates or a stereo, for events like his birthday and christmas.

with this knowledge, it shocked one duck in particular when luis started appearing in nicer things. adam banks was, without a doubt, the teammate with the richest family. he didn't hide his wealth, but preferred to lay low because adam wanted people to see him for his character, not for how much money he has. so, seeing a david yurman box chain dangle from luis' neck was shocking, even more shocking when he saw the new air jordans on his feet. however, adam stayed silent. it really wasn't any of his business as to where luis got all these extravagant things, and it wasn't like he believed luis to be a thief. soon enough, adam was no longer the only one to notice luis' rapid changes in style. connie and julie were both expensive in their own ways, connie saved up her money for expensive handbags from prada, and julie always kept an eye out for galliano clothes because they were her mother's favorite.

"i've met his parents! they don't make that much money, not more than mine make, and i think he said something about both sets of grandparents being middle class, too." connie claims, sitting across from julie in the eden hall library. there are multiple hushes sent her way, but connie ignored them with a glare over her shoulder.

with the varsity drama going on, adam didn't know how to approach the girls about it. he could tell they were suspicious as well, judging by their lingering glances on luis' clothes and jewelry. of course, it was con and jules, two of his best friends in the world, they wouldn't get at him like charlie would. to be more discreet, adam wrote both of them notes; slipping them in their lockers and telling them to meet him in the north stairwell. no one ever went there except to skip or make-out, so the trio wouldn't risk running into any of their fellow ducks. well, unless dean portman found a new girl that tickled his fancy, but it wasn't likely. "rich girls want too much from you. they want your hair a certain way, want you to buy them all these gifts. like, babe, i'm from south chicago, i don't got money!" he prophesied, earning plenty of soft cheers from the single male ducks. except for luis, which julie took note of, and brought up to connie later on.

connie moreau doesn't know what she was expecting when adam left a note in her locker to meet in the north stairwell, but it wasn't banksie, clothed in all black. stifling a laugh, "adam! what are you wearing? you look like a spy," which causes adam to shush her excessively. he deflated a little, his ego was slightly damaged after that comment. "i'm supposed to be incognito! i wanted to make sure none of the ducks or varsity saw me with you guys and cause trouble..." adam explains, as julie arrived with a bathroom pass in hand.

the blonde girl also struggled to not laugh, wanting to support her best friend's fashion choice for their meeting. she settled on one of the stair steps, "so, why are we here?" he removes the hood on his head, ring-clad fingers combing through his floppy hair. huffing, "i'm not the only one who's suspicious of luis' new clothes, and jewelry. tell me what you've noticed," connie perking up from her stance against the railing. "finally! he's been playing with that necklace a lot, and i did some asking around, it's david yurman! banksie, most of those pieces cost more than my life." the brunette informed, julie nodding along in agreement. david yurman was expensive, a brand you couldn't exactly find at a local jewelry store. you'd have to go to a major city for that, so nowhere in minnesota. julie raises her eyebrows, "and dean said something the other day about rich girls being too much work. luis was the only single guy on the ducks who didn't agree." "maybe luis has a sugar mama?"