𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞!

.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.

ryder riley and y/n l/n were the mini rick and mindy of eden hall, and everyone knew it. except, ryder and y/n seemed to actually like the other, which made their relationship much more genuine compared to that of ryder's older brother. then, it came crumbling down in an instant, simply because of a certain team's arrival.

at first, y/n despised the ducks. they replaced her boyfriend and their friends on junior varsity, then had the balls to say that ryder wasn't good enough. not good enough?! bullshit! ryder was quickly on his way to becoming varsity captain; he just needed some time to adjust first. i mean, how fair would it be for a freshman to come in and make varsity? it was outrageous, and the coaches at eden hall were all too aware. after being kicked off, (with no warning, i have you,) ryder spent days at y/n's house, sulking in her arms. it pained y/n to see her boyfriend so down, and attempted to cheer him up with spontaneous outings or buying him movies she thought he'd like. "you're too good for me, babe. i'm sorry i've been such a crybaby lately." ryder apologized, glancing up at y/n from his spot on her lap. y/n denies his claims, as her hands run through his hair. he always liked when she did that, now more than normal. a kiss is planted on ryder's forehead, "you're not a crybaby. and 'm not too good for you. just helping my boyfriend through a tough time." her deflection of his compliment upsets ryder a little, but he only continues to play with her free hand.

the mourning period did not last long. ryder then tried his hand at lacrosse, and somehow made varisty. don't get y/n wrong, she was ecstatic for ryder! he raved on and on about how awesome it felt to not be compared to rick anymore, how the lacrosse guys really looked out for him and not because they had to. however, this meant ryder spent a lot less time with his girlfriend, and a lot more time with the varsity team.

y/n, in no way, was a jealous girlfriend. she trusted ryder wholeheartedly, but the idea of him hanging around older, prettier girls when she wasn't there made her head pound. what was she to do? y/n couldn't go and hang out with ryder's other friends from junior varsity; they'd rat her out in a second if they thought she was trying to make ryder jealous. scott was sweet, but y/n was sure of his eye being on julie gaffney from the new junior varsity team. besides, did y/n even want to make ryder jealous? not particularly, she just wanted ryder to spend more time with her. he'd understand where she was coming from, hopefully and shower her in kisses after telling her how adorable she was when she was feeling neglected! does this reaction happen? no, it doesn't, and that crushes y/n l/n completely. she invited him over for dinner, (her parents had evacuated the house just for this, so y/n prayed things would end well.) y/n spent hours preparing his favorite dish, a lasagna recipe that she asked mrs. riley for, and setting up the dining table.

with his arms around y/n's waist, "wow! babe, what's all this for? it's not our anniversary," while y/n removed herself and stood in front of her work proudly. clearing her throat, "it's for you. i just feel like we haven't been with each other lately, and i wanted to do something nice." ryder grins, before cupping her face and kissing y/n sweetly. she really was a great girlfriend, which made cheating on her all the more difficult.

could you blame ryder? he was a fifteen year old boy, surrounded by older girls who were willing all the time! it's not that ryder didn't love y/n, because he did. before he got kicked off junior varsity, things were different. he didn't have this incessant need to impress the others on his team, seeing as they were all equals. but, not on varsity lacrosse. ryder knew he wasn't their equal just yet, and had to do something to remedy that.

the couple eat their dinner in peace, catching up on everything they might've missed in their day-to-day lifestyles. then, ryder turned on the kitchen stereo and held his hand out in a posh manner. "care to dance, madame?" "of course, my good sir!" their waltzing is rather terrible, shown by their constant giggling and tripping over each other's feet. but, it doesn't matter, not to y/n. because for the first time since ryder got kicked off, she feels like she's got her boyfriend back. their waltz slows to a simple sway, y/n's head on ryder's chest. nervously, "it's going to sound dumb when i say it, but i was worried you'd leave me for one of those girls your team hangs around. i've never been a jealous girl before, and you know it, but i don't know. things changed this year," tilting her head to look at him while she voiced her thoughts. soon enough, ryder riley would cover her face and neck with kisses, reprimanding her softly about how silly that was, and how he only wanted her. but, when a few moments of silence pass, y/n isn't so sure of anything.